Terms of Reference (TOR) for prequalified enumerators’ recruitment in Mogadishu.POSITION TITLE| XILKA LA RAADINAYO:
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Terms of Reference (TOR)for prequalified enumerators’ recruitment in Mogadishu.
For over 90 years, Save the Children has been making a difference in children’s lives in more than 120 countries. We are the world’s largest independent child rights organization, underpinned by a vision in a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We are an equal opportunity organization dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Ambition, and Collaboration. Our culture is embedded in these values, along with a strong commitment to our Child Safeguarding Protocol, ensuring that all representatives of Save the Children demonstrate the highest standards of behavior towards children both in their private and professional lives.
The overall objective of the enumerators is to undertake a rapid assessment, PDMs, evaluation data collection for health, nutrition, WASH, livelihoods, education, child protection and child rights Governance program in Banadir region for SCI programs in Banadir region. Thus, as per this TOR, SCI will recruit experienced local researchers (data collectors) to undertake both quantitative and qualitative data collection with highest quality measures.
- Specific Activities:
- Organize and training on research protocols, data collection tools and pretesting of the tools
- Conduct the field work data collection
- Travel to fields in the regions to collect data
- Ensure data quality
- Transcription of qualitative audios into word document
- Proof reading the transcriptions
Field Research consultants:
- Develop adequate understanding of the research protocol, the study population and the study tools
- Attend training conducted by lead research consultants
- Conduct qualitative interviews with government officials, health professionals, health providers, community health workers
- Conduct focus group discussion with 8-10 participants
- Collect data through structured interviews and in-depth interviews with the sampled clients and service providers using a pre- developed questionnaires and interview guides.
- Observe and assess the operations, supplies, supervision, documentation, reporting and case management of the selected health facilities (health posts)
- Collect copies of any supervision, reporting and documentation tools available at the health facility
- Review completed forms for accuracy, completeness, and consistency immediately following data collection.
- Ensure data quality and sampling protocols by accurately completing data collection and following up at each site on incomplete data collection/missing respondents. For supervisors, conduct back checking of completed questionnaires and revisit participants to ensure accuracy of data collection.
- Qualitative data transcription from audio recording into word document.
- Ensuring that the data transcription is done with Excellent English writing
- Proof reading the transcribed data and submit a well written document
- Ensuring that the on-going daily reporting on data collection and entry progress for the research are kept up-to-date.
- Skills and Qualification
- At least a diploma in any of the relevant fields of Public health, social science, education, statistics etc.
- Experience in undertaking field research work using participatory approaches in different towns in the country is a requirement.
- Experience in undertaking key informant interviews
- Experience in interviewing and facilitating Focus Group Discussions and in-depth interviews
- He/she must be a Somali and willing to travel to the different regions of the Somalia/Somaliland.
- Experience in undertaking both qualitative and quantitative research
- Experience in undertaking health researches is desirable
- Must have extensive knowledge of the Somali culture and context in relation to Maternal Health, child health and Nutrition.
- Excellent knowledge of English and Somali (Essential).
- Good team player
- Displays exemplary positive behaviours for consistency, predictability and reliability at work to complete assignments and meet deadlines
- Experience with computer software for data entry and analysis, including STATA and SPSS.
- Competence in word processing and spreadsheet software (Word, Excel).
- Experience and knowledge on mobile data collection (ODK)
- Experience with Atlas.ti or other qualitative coding software a plus.
- The data collectors will report to supervisors and the Supervisors will report to SCI area focal persons
- The positions are to be filled as soon as possible
- Total number of days allocated to finalize the task is approximately 8 days
- Clean and completed data collection tools
- Clean and completed data screens in data entry
- Clearly recorded audios from the qualitative interviews and FGDs
- Clear and well written transcriptions with all the details.
Because Save the children’s work is based on deeply held values and principles, it is essential that our commitment to children’s rights and humanitarian principles is supported and demonstrated by all members of staff. Save the children’ code of conduct sets out the standards which all staff and partners must adhere to.
CODE OF CONDUCT
Because Save the Children’s work is based on deeply held values and principles, it is essential that our commitment to children’s rights and humanitarian principles is supported and demonstrated by all members of staff. Save the Children’s Code of Conduct sets out the standards which all staff members must adhere to.
Declaration of commitment:
I ……………………………………………………………………………………………………………. understand and agree to undertake my responsibility in accordance with the above listed accountabilities/activities and also abide the terms and conditions of the contract
All interested candidate are encouraged to forward their CVs and applications to the Email: Mogadishu.firstname.lastname@example.org clear subject heading for the position.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
The closing date is on: 18th September 2017Advertisement