Training: Mobile Phone Based Data Collection Using ODKPOSITION TITLE| XILKA LA RAADINAYO:
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
YAZA RESEARCH SERVICES
Contact us: +252 634423788, +252 634190159, email@example.com
Training: Mobile Phone Based Data Collection Using ODK
The training methodology is highly practical, experiential and participatory, focusing on real issues and helping participants to practice the application of tools and techniques using their real life Mobile based data collection experiences.
The course will introduce participants to tools and techniques to gather data for project/ programme outcomes to stakeholders using innovative Mobile data gathering tools. In the past, these tasks were performed with paper and pen, which made them prone to error, difficult to conduct on a large scale, and high in transaction costs.
TRAINING CONTENTS/TOPICS TO BE COVERED
MODULE 1: INTRODUCTION
- Introduction to Mobile Data gathering
- Introduction to common mobile based data collection platforms
- Managing devices
- Data aggregation, storage and dissemination
MODULE 2: GETTING STARTED
- Types of questions and Data types for each question
- Types of questionnaire or Form logic
- Extended data types geoid, image and multimedia
- Design forms using a web interface using: ODK Build
MODULE 3: PREPARING THE MOBILE PHONE FOR DATA COLLECTION
- Installing applications: ODK Collect
- Configuring the device (Mobile Phones)
- Uploading the form into the mobile devices
MODULE 4 : DESIGNING FORMS MANUALLY: USING XLS FORMS
- Introduction to XLS forms syntax
- New data types, Notes and dates, Multiple choice Questions
- Multiple Language Support
- Hints and Metadata
MODULE 5: ADVANCED SURVEY AUTHORING
- Conditional Survey Branching
- Required questions
- Constraining responses
- Skip: Asking Relevant questions
- The specify other
- Skipping many questions at once (Skipping a section)
MODULE 6: HOSTING SURVEY DATA (ONLINE)
- ODK Aggregate
- Uploading forms to the server
- Using the online server interface
MODULE 7: WORKING WITH SPATIAL DATA (GPS COORDINATES)
- Exporting GPS Coordinates (Google maps) to Fusion tables
- Converting data to shape files
Participant will be issued a certificate upon successful completion of the training.
UN Organizations/ INGO: $100 Local NGOs/Companies: $60 Individuals: $40
This fee includes training materials, trainers’ fee, and Certificate.
Fee Payment: Deposit at DAHABSHIL account: (HRGD38163) or by Hand before or on deadline
Deadline: January 15, 2017
Duration: 7 days
Registration: Training application form is available in our office or request by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact and Address: Top floor Ina Afdiinle building, between Hargeisa Bridge and Dahabshil Bank, Hargeisa. Tel: +252 634423788, +252 634190159 Email: email@example.com
For the previous trainings, visit our Facebook Page.
Our Clients: Relief International- South Central, World Vision– Puntland, Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)– Somaliland, ADRA– Somaliland, International Medical Corps (IMC)– South Central, GUUL GROUP, IGAD Sheik Technical Veterinary School, and NEO Company.