WASH Project OfficerPOSITION TITLE| XILKA LA RAADINAYO:
Position: WASH Project Officer
Department: Project Implementation Unit
Direct hierarchy: Project Manager_WASH-Badhan
Contract duration: Six Months (with possible extension)
Starting date: March 2018
Closing date: 22 Feb 2018
Background on ACTED
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context. Their 3,300 staff is committed in to responding to emergencies worldwide, to supporting recovery and rehabilitation, towards sustainable development.
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill the below position in Badhan, Puntland. However this position is dependent on approval of funding.
This position will require the individual to support the successful implementation of ACTED Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) interventions in Puntland, in order to contribute to improved health outcomes and water access for the communities.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Ensure effective implementation of ACTED WASH programming in accordance with program requirements and in line with Donor regulations, WHO and international standards;
· Coordinate and work closely with Project Team throughout programme planning, design implementation and monitoring and evaluation.
· Oversee selection and repair of selected water sources.
· Conduct capacity-building for community groups and staff in the area of water resource management, Hygiene and Sanitation.
· Be responsible for providing Technical guidance on all WASH components of programmes in Puntland, giving support to the Program team and the implementing partners during planning, designing and implementation of WASH activities.
· Provide technical leadership and support program staff in the design of a medium to long-term interventions, which address current emergency needs but which takes a longer-term view in enhancing mitigation to future crises and accountable management of resources.
· Together with program team, implement WASH activities in line with the programme proposals and donor requirements and ensure timely production of and submission of programme reports and budget revisions.
· Continuously review WASH strategy and programme approaches to appropriately address and accommodate emerging field context.
· Participate in conducting joint assessments and planning responses together with other team and follow up on the recommendations.
· Propose innovative WASH approaches relevant to the fragile context including on climate change, water resource management, water quality, water security etc.
· Ensure that there is creative and holistic approach to WASH programming, assist the team in finding ways to integrate/link and combine hygiene & health promotion, water and sanitation facilities design, construction & maintenance, with Health , Nutrition, Livelihoods and food security etc.
· To provide guidance and training to program staff to ensure that all work is carried out in a way that is sensitive to community needs and gender issues.
· To provide technical expertise and guidance to staff as appropriate, in (for example, but not limited to) assessment, monitoring, evaluation, reporting (Internal and Donor Reports), financial management, proposal development, technical design of water and sanitation facilities and the exercise of judgment skills.
· Participate proactively and contribute in the WASH cluster meetings and, at a technical level engage with UN agencies and line ministries in Puntland.
· Work closely with field teams on objectives, indicators and activities and develop clear monitoring frameworks for each program in collaboration with the M & E Officers
· Ensure the development, implementation and periodic review of detailed annual implementation plans for the various WASH projects.
· Other duties as required
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Development studies, Social science, Water and Sanitation or other relevant discipline
· A minimum of 3 years WASH management experience in Donor Funded Projects
· Demonstrated experience in WASH management in an NGO/INGO is highly preferable.
· Able to manage a high workload and meet tight deadlines
· Good numerical, report writing and administration skills; committed to consultative and servant-minded leadership; able to set clear objectives for staff and to delegate; able to enforce procedures
· Knowledge and understanding of humanitarian standards
· Ability to train, mobilize, and manage national staff
· Flexibility and ability to multi-task under pressure
· Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office;
· Good inter-personal skills, commitment and motivation
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified persons with the required skills and qualifications are invited to submit their detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter as a single document to email@example.com to be received on or before 22nd February 2018 . Applications sent after the deadline will not be considered.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitments.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity EmployerAdvertisement