Young Professional – Local Governance Capacity developmentPOSITION TITLE| XILKA LA RAADINAYO:
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
|The Ministry of Interior (MOI) wishes to recruit young graduates to support the work of the Department of Local Government (DOLG). Duties
• Support and facilitate an assessment of the Department of Local Governance, MOI and the development of
Department structure, staffing table, vision and work plan, and development of corresponding TORs.
• Support the design of a capacity development strategy for local government administrations.
• Support the departments of planning and local government department in the Ministry to fulfil their obligation
• Support the provision of training in Districts and MOI staff on Decentralization & LG, leadership &
management, participatory public planning & expenditure management.
Graduated from university in Development Studies, Social Sciences, Public Administration or related degree.
· Fluency in both written and spoken English and Somali;
· Computer literate;
· Continuous and steady academic achievement, and progress;
· Demonstrated keen interest in the work of community and social development programmers;
· Demonstrated high learning ability during the years of study; and
· Demonstrated the ability to work as a team.
Application Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post. Please send your curriculum vitae to the ministry’s office in Jowhar by 26/06/2017 or to this email: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line ‘Interns with MOI”. MOI will only be able to respond to those applications in which there is further interest. QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY