Youth CoachPOSITION TITLE| XILKA LA RAADINAYO:
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Title: Youth Coach
Location: Hargeisa, Somaliland
Application Deadline: 16th January 2018
SOS Children’s Villages is an international social development organization, focusing on the care and support of orphans and vulnerable children. We support families and communities to build their capacity to protect and care for their children, through our Family Strengthening Programmes. Where children have already lost the care of their biological family, we offer family-based care through our SOS Children’s Villages. In these ways, we support orphans and vulnerable children to be able to grow in a caring family environment. SOS upholds the rights of children and youth and works towards protecting their rights.
SOS Children’s Villages Somaliland is seeking to recruit a Y o ut h coaches who will work in our next economy project in Hargeisa. The youth coaches are expected to contribute to the guidance and counselling, social development, and to coach the youth on entrepreneur and job reaching. She/he is supposed to implement social development issue.
Job Purpose Summary
- To give youth guidance and counseling on entrepreneur and decent job research
- To implement, monitor, trace, document and at the same time follow up graduates and current learners of the youth centers
- Assess and identify potential youth graduate and link them through internship in to the employers that can accommodate Next Economy youth.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under the management of the Next Economy Project Coordinator, design, plan and implement Next Economy in the project area.
- Contribute to the preparation of annual, quarterly and monthly action plans and reports, plan assessments, monitoring, review and evaluation activities.
- Organize and facilitate training workshops and compiling reports.
- Keeps updated data-base on collected information from the youth trainings taking place in the Business Hubs, as well as employment opportunities existing in the job market by carrying out surveys on market and potential employer.
- Coach project target youth to define their further soft skill training needs, employment prospects business idea development opportunities and work with the youth as individuals, and sometimes as groups, to assist them in making future career decisions.
- Work out for Youth graduate internship attachment to the companies immediately after graduation.
- Coordinate with Next Economy theme actors including the Ministry of Youth and Sports and local partners, NGOs, UN Agencies and other stakeholders.
- Break down the annual work plans into weekly, monthly and quarterly plans
- Monitor, evaluate and ensure that the project activities are consistent with plans and budget lines and SOS’s policy and standards.
- Conduct individual and group coaching sessions for youth during trainings and internships.
- Ensure timely procurement, development and distribution of training modules and training materials.
- Coordinate assessments, progress tracking, sensitization / mobilization and follow-up salient issues.
- Arrange inspiring talk sessions for youth
- Prepare periodic project and progress reports as appropriate( Monthly report)
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant subject area, social work, community development or education.
- Minimum of 3-4 years relevant work experience in youth programmes, coaching, guidance and counselling, youth placement, engagement of employers.
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- Good leadership, team work and interpersonal skills
- Good report writing skills
How to apply: Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV and scanned copies of academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees on or before 16th January 2018. to: email@example.com Only short listed candidates will be contacted.Advertisement