2 – Expert on Local Development
DAI Brussels is currently looking for a Key Expert 2 – Expert on Local Development for the EC funded project:
TERRITORIAL INTEGRATION AND PLANNING FACILITY FOR THE ILED PROGRAMME SOMALIA
This is a full-time position for 48 months, expecting starting date May 2019. We are looking for a candidate complying with the following criteria:
The Key Expert on Territorial Planning/Development will be responsible to coordinate and methodologically advice multi-stakeholders planning processes both at territorial and sectoral level. He/she will also coordinate the 2 Regional Coordinators and the 2 Regional Liaison Officers Team deployed in the regions and support the implementing partners in Project design and implementation. He/she will spend at least 80% of his/her time in Somalia.
Qualifications and skills
- Masters’ degree (university or equivalent institution or a recognised professional qualification) in at least one of the following or related to the following fields: project management, international development, economics, planning. Alternatively, 2 years of additional specific professional experience in Project management will be accepted.
- A first level university degree in at least one of the following or related to the following fields: Social and/or political Sciences, International Relations, Urban/territorial planning.
- Excellent communication skills, both in written and spoken English. (Written and Spoken Somali language will be an added advantage)
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Fully computer literate.
General professional experience
- At least 8 years of professional experience in the international development field.
- At least 3 years work experience in fragile countries; Experience in Somalia will be an advantage.
Specific professional experience
- At least 8 years’ experience in Project/Programme Management of which at least 6 years’ in developing countries.
- Experience in coordination and/or facilitation of multi-stakeholders (public, private and communities actors) consultation processes.
- Experience in a long term assignment (more than 2 year) performed as Manager/Coordinator of a Local Development Programme will be an advantage.
- Experience in leading/coordinating a strategic planning process at national or sub-national level would be an advantage.
- Work experience in Somalia will be an asset.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please apply by March 25th 2019.
Application via this link: