- Job category: Accountant/Finance/Budget Affairs
- Post date:13 Nov 2019
- Job expires in: Endless
- Share job:
ADVERTISEMENT ACCOUNTABILITY OFFICER: HARGEISA
|13/11/2019||ACTED Kenya/Somalia HR Department||Last Update November 2019|
Position: Accountability Officer
Direct Hierarchy: AME Manager Location: Hargeisa
Background on ACTED
ACTEDisaFrenchhumanitarianNGO,foundedin1993,whichsupportsvulnerablepopulations,affectedby humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainabilityofpost-crisisinterventionsandengaginglong-termchallengesfacingourtargetpopulations,inorderto breakthepovertycycle,fosterdevelopmentandreducevulnerabilitytodisasters.Theirinterventionsseektocover themultipleaspectsofhumanitariananddevelopmentcrisesthroughamultidisciplinaryapproachwhichisbothglobal andlocal,andadaptedtoeachcontext.
Accountability Officer Position in Hargeisa.
Under the direct supervision of the Country Accountability Monitoring and Evaluation Manager, he/she is responsible for ensuring ACTED continuously engages in meaningful two-way dialogue with the communities it serves. The Accountability Officer will be responsible for ensuring the implementation and management of a complaints mechanism, pro-active engagement with project beneficiaries and ensuring issues, questions and complaints are followed up in a meaningful and genuine manner. S/he will be responsible for ensuring mechanisms are in place in ACTED’s programmes to fulfil key Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Commitments. This position is exciting for those interested in and passionate about ensuring communities have direct influence in aid interventions and how they are carried out. It is about giving a voice to communities and ensuring accurate needs and feedback is being listened to and acted upon in ACTED programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaise with communities, beneficiaries, local authorities and community leadership structures at field level;
- Continuously review, analyze and adapt the best feedback system for ACTED, in consultation with key stakeholders (communities, NGOs, local authorities).
- Conduct regular meetings on a structured basis including: focus groups discussions; household interviews; village relief committee meetings; key informant interviews (authorities etc.).
- Act as a key focal point for complaints and feedback to beneficiaries on ACTED programs by: 1) Providing timely feedback to the program team, and relevant managers on sensitive issues, on complaints raised by the communities on project activities; and 2) In co-ordination with respective departments (program team, co-ordination, field officers), provide timely feedback to all stakeholders on complaints raised. Produce monthly reports and databases on feedback gathered;
- Contacting beneficiaries and key stakeholders on a regular basis to collect feedback on project activities;
- Undertake field visits and support the project teams on the beneficiary accountability and learning systems and solicit feedback from sample beneficiaries and other key stakeholders.
- Map and assess community structures to ensure feedback is representative of all groups.
- Work closely with program teams to ensure all feedback is incorporated into approaches and future programs where possible.
- Work closely with community mobilization teams as when necessary as a technical advisor on ensuring community focal points and structures (i.e. Village Relief Committees) are inclusive of all groups
- Institutionalize and enhance accountability mechanisms to all ACTED projects.
- Participate in accountability forums to represent ACTED.
- Compile monthly accountability reports and file all accountability and feedback materials.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Prior3years’experienceinAccountabilityandMonitoringorinsimilarfieldinanNGO–Certificationinthe same field is a very strongasset
- Excellentinterpersonalandcommunicationskills;theabilitytosuccessfullyandeffectivelyliaisewithavariety of people in a multicultural setup.
- Proven commitment to accountablepractices.
- Knowledge of local language ismandatory
- Strongteamplayerofhighintegrity,pleasantpersonality,abilitytoworkunderleastsupervisionandmeet strictdeadlines.
- Ability to workindependently.
QualifiedNationalswiththerequiredskillsareinvitedtosubmittheirapplicationsaccompaniedbydetailed curriculumvitaeandcoverletterasasingledocumenti.e.withthecoverletterbeingonthefirstpageandtheCV startingonthesecondpage,email@example.com receivedonorbefore5.00PMon27thNovember2019withthesubjectline“ACCOUNTABILITYOFFICER– HARGEISA”
- Pleasedonotattachanyotherdocumentswhilesendingyourapplications,ifrequiredtheywillbe requested at a laterstage.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTEDiscommittedtoprotectingbeneficiarieswithinourprogrammesfromexploitationandabuse andanykindofmisconduct.ACTEDhasspecificpolicies,includingPSEAandChildProtection,which outlinestheexpectedbehaviorandtheresponsibilityofallstaff,beneficiaries,consultantsandother stakeholders and has zero tolerance towards misconducts. Any candidate offered a job with ACTED will be expected to sign ACTED’s organizational Policies and Code of Conduct as an annex to their contractofemploymentandagreetoconductthemselvesinaccordancewiththeprovisionsofthese documents.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1810 total views, 1 today