Accountant/Finance (1 Position)
|Reporting to:||Finance Manager|
|Position Status:||Open to Somalilander Only|
|Area of Operation:||Somaliland|
|Employment period||One year|
Primary purpose of the position:
To carry out day-to-day finances and their records, liaise with the partner and the other ARC office finances based on below noted main tasks..
- Ensure ARC financial policies, systems and guidelines are implemented in the field office.
- Manage advances, ensuring timely settlement and that proper documentation is provided.
- Ensure all payments are processed on time.
- Maintenance of a proper filling system of all documents related to finance.
- Assist and provide information in the preparation of new budgets.
- Check and verify the documents submitted for payment if approved by line manager and related staff before preparation of payment documents
- Record accounting transactions, including coding of payment vouchers.
- Entering processing of the data for Hargeisa and from the field offices to Quick Books
- Work in close relationship with the field office and partners finance staff
- Check the financial reports from Partners
- Process and make payments via bank or cash when necessary as per approved budget and ensure the proper authorization is obtained for all disbursements and proper financial documents are used
- In cooperation with relevant program or support staff, ensure proper accurate documentation for monthly payment of bills for service, employment, lease contracts all offices
- Maintain the transparent, accurate, user friendly financial filling system of all financial documents
- Prepare the monthly payroll and undertake monthly closing procedures including reconciliation of bank, petty cash and advances
- Assist Finance manager in facilitation of internal and external audit procedures as required
- Review and compute travel claims, impress accounts and verify authenticity of the support documents provided
- Manage and replenish Petty cash, according to the procedures
- Coordinate with relevant staff on unclear support documents provided for payment before processing
- Perform any other duties given by line manager when needed
Competence, experience, skills, knowledge needed
- University Bachelor degree in accounting, Bank and finance in a relevant field.
- Minimum 3 years working experience in accounting and finance.
- Knowledge and experience of working on accounting software Quick Books
- Previous experience working in INGOs
- Detail oriented, accountability, task prioritizing skills
- Excellent communication and coordination skills
- Ability to establish relationships with other relevant stakeholders instantly and easily
- Problem solving skills
- Excellence in Arabic Language
- Flexibility for travelling when needed
- Confident in security and safety management
- Ability to work under pressure and stressful environment
- Cultural sensitivity and inter-cultural communication skills
- Male candidates are highly motivated
- Please note that the closing time is 23:59 pm local time.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
If you are interested and think that your profile match with the requirements , you can apply sending your cv email@example.com before 08 july we will contact only short list candidates .