|Title:||Accountant (1 Position)|
|Direct Supervisor:||Finance Manager|
|Duty station:||Mogadishu – Somalia|
|Duration:||One year, (Renewable)|
|Starting Date :||July 10, 2018|
- Background information
The Center for Research and Dialogue is an independent not-for-profit organization aiming to promote social, economic, and political rebuilding of Somalia. The Center is committed to promoting consensus decision-making at the policy and community level by encouraging and supporting the participation of citizens in the affairs affecting their lives. The goal of CRD is to empower Somali communities’ transition to peaceful change by providing them with a neutral venue to identify their issues, set priorities, and develop inclusive and sustainable outcomes.
CRD in partnership with FCA is implementing a project of “Supporting Interim Administrations through the formation of efficient, active and inclusive District Authorities.
The project’s Overall objective is to contribute to strengthened stability in the emerging Federal Member States.
- Duties and Responsibilities
Under direct supervision of CRD/ Financial Manager, the accountant is responsible:
- To prepare and keep staff records of CRD/FCA projects and other parallel activities.
- To provide support for office daily operations.
- Collection of financial invoice/bills.
- Process payment vouchers and receipts for all income and expenditure and ensure proper authorization is obtained on the documentation.
- To prepare and keep records of project’s correspondence, projects inventor, projects documentations, project financial reports and project archive appropriately.
- To assist the finance/ programme teams with the travel issues ex. Preparing advances and following up the travel authorizations.
- To assist the request of visas, and draft all the administrative correspondence for the authorities or International Organizations.
- Proper record of staff attendance following the administrative procedures. Report the annual, sick, and emergency leaves.
- To assist monitoring staff meetings and disseminate in/out of the office.
- To assist handling the office petty cash with the line of finance manual.
- To perform other relevant project duties as requested/required.
- Perform bank work and other payments.
- Assist the programme coordinator on various activities of the organization.
- Main and update the office filling system.
- Maintain equipment and fix assets in good running condition.
- Arrange the venue for the seminars and meetings.
- Proper documentation of administrative related documents and office document.
- Maintain confidential records.
- Maintain the personal record of staffs.
|IV. Required Skills and Experience|
· Bachelor degree in finance or accounting, business administration, economics or related fields.
Please send an application letter and CV by email with a subject title “Accountant” to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 26th of June 2018 at 5:00 pm local time.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Female candidates are highly encouraged.