Job Title: Accounting Supervisor
Duty Station: Bosaso
Reporting Line: CFO
Line Management Responsibility: Accounts team
Deadline: December 30, 2018
Somtel Puntland, licensed under the Ministry of Telecom of Puntland, is one of the biggest telecommunication companies and the number one Internet service provider in Puntland. Somtel Puntland provides a wide array of integrated telecommunication services, including voice packages, Mobile data, Broadband Internet connectivity and an edge mobile banking services with international money transfer facilities. The company offers a range of prepaid and postpaid voice plans and international roaming services.
Under the supervision of the CFO, Accounting Supervisorwill direct and oversee all general accounting activities and will closelywork with a team of accountantsto manage Accounting functions, including accounts payable/receivable, bank reconciliations and records management. The Accounting supervisor will prepare accounting and financial reports and ensure completeness, accuracy, and timeliness of accounting information.
- Oversee daily transactions, including accounts payable/receivable, general ledger and bank reconciliations
- Assist the CFO in preparing budgeting reports and forecast revenues
- Manage month-end and year-end closing
- Monitor the daily performance of the accounting department
- Organize financial data into useable information and maintain updated records
- Track the progress of the accounting objectives
- Asist the CFO in establishing and implementing accounting policies and procedures, aligned with company’s targets and control environment
- Ensure full compliance with the law
- Proven work experience as an Accounting Supervisor or similar positions for minimum one year.
- Experience with accounting software (e.g. QuickBooks)
- Strong computer skills, MS Excel in particular (managing spreadsheets, creating charts and using advanced formulas)
- Solid knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, laws and regulations.
- Excellent analytical skills to manage large amounts of data
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Team management skills
- Ability to prioritize work
- Degree in Accounting and Finance or related field
- Accounting certification – Minimum part-qualified in (ACCA, CIMA, CPA or other Professional certifications)
How to apply:
Qualified candidates with required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae with three work related references and their contacts to email@example.com and received on or before 5.00 PM on 30th December 2018 with the Subject line “Accounting Supervisor Somtel PUNTLAND”
Please note that the only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.