This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
29 Apr 2019
Accounts Assistants (2 Positions)
Position: Accounts Assistants (2 Positions)
Department: Admin and Finance
Reports to: Senior Accontant
Location: Kismayo and Mogadishu
Job Code Reference: SADOFIN04
Effective with the release of this position announcement, SADO will be recruiting applicants for the position of Accounts Assistant to support its projects in Somalia and throughout Horn Africa. The positions are based in Kismayo and Mogadishu, Travel to Somalia Field Offices will be required at times. Fluency in Somali language is required.
Organization set up
The Social-life and Agricultural Development Organization (SADO) is a local non-governmental, non-profit making organization with its headquarters in Mogadishu, Banaadir Region of Southern Somalia but mainly operates in South/Central Somalia. To effectively facilitate its work, SADO has a number of operational offices in both Kenya and Somalia
SADO aims to stimulate the potential of the Somali people to change their own lives through a sustainable, integrated people centered development strategy. In this regard, SADO facilitates various viable development programs amongst the communities it serves. Recently, SADO has seen a steady increase in the number of donor partners willing to support its work which is a sign of confidence and or recognition of the value of its work.
The Account assistant will provide clerical, logistical, administrative, personnel and financial support towards the efficient running of SADO projects in Somalia.
• Preparing voucher payments and Cheque payments
• Ensure field offices financial information conforms to SADO policies and procedures and donor requirements.
• Assisting with review of advances, claims and payment support documents.
• Assist HQ and other Finance staff with field compliance reviews.
• Provide back-up to field offices in the event of extended absences of accounting staff or during unusual periods of high volume of workloads.
• Assisting in preparation of Financial Reports to donors
• Prepare Petty Cash Vouchers/Payments and disburse funds once approved.
• Clerical duties including scanning documents, filling, photocopying etc.
• Bookkeeping Duties
• Assisting in submissions of Returns online more specially VAT, Statutory Deductions & Withholding Tax amongst others.
Education and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Business studies or Management with specialization in Finance or Accounting.
• Part-qualified member of a recognized accounting body ACCA or CPA Part two
• A minimum of two years’ experience working on donor-funded projects preferably proven experience in financial reporting on USAID, ECHO, DFID or general experience working in NGOs.
Skills & Requirements:
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication (English & Somali language)
• Good interpersonal and team working skills
• Excellent Computer skills including proficiency in Excel, Quick Books and MS Office
Salary and Benefits:
The annual salary range will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Qualified and interested candidate are invited to submit their application by sending current CV and cover letter to email@example.com referencing the job code (SADOFIN04) in the subject line no later than May 20th, 2019.
No telephone inquiries please.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
All applications will be treated with strict confidence.