ADMIN AND FINANCE OFFICER
Somaliland Y-PEER Network
Opposite the Good Governance and Anti-Corruption Commission
North of GuleidPark and Restaurant
ADMIN AND FINANCE OFFICER
Somaliland Youth Peer Education Network (Somaliland Y-PEER) is youth led organization which promotes reproductive health rights, fights all types of gender based violence, enhances youth employment opportunities and develops leadership and entrepreneurship of young people in Somaliland. Its main office is in Hargeisa with representatives across all regions of Somaliland.
Somaliland Y-PEER is seeking a dynamic and competent Administrative and Finance Officer with the qualifications and qualities mentioned in below sections.
Duty Station: Hargeisa with possible travels to the regions.
Duration: One year with possible extension
- Generally, he/shewill be responsible for the smooth running of alladministrative, finance, human Resource and logisticalmatters of Somaliland Y-PEER.
- Reports to the Executive Director.
- Ensure that all transactions are carried out in accordance with Somaliland Y-PEER policies and procedures.
- Advises the Executive Director on all budgetary and financial matters particularly in financial planning and projections and preparation of new project proposals.
- Supervises the staff of Finance and Administrative department.
- Prepares payments, purchase authorizationsand other financial transactions.
- Ensure that all deductions where applicable are done on a monthly basis.
- Verifies all payments before the approval of Executive Director.
- Post correct entries in to Quickbook on daily basis.
- Maintains updated cash-book and verifies the proper archiving system of any supporting documentation for each transaction.
- Manages and constantly reviews banking arrangements to ensure timely transfer of funds and minimize exchange loses and bank charges
- In close coordination with Director, coordinates activities related to auditing, assessments and queries from partners.
- Ensure that all cash receipts are recorded and banked promptly.
- Prepare bank reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Ensure that the Somaliland Y-PEER has cash at all times and maintaining minimum balances in the accounts.
- Ensure that all shared costs are allocated a fair share to related projects.
- Verifies the budget constantly and prepares monthly forecasting.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and yearly financial reports.
- Provide any financial information that required Somaliland Y-PEER’s Donors.
- Support other functions within the Somaliland Y-PEER when required.
- Manages all administrative and logistical issues of Somaliland Y-PEER
- Manages all procurement and related activities
- Managers all human resource related issues including recruitment, capacity building and trainings, file-keeping and ensuring full application of HR policy as well as related code of conducts.
- Manages and supervises organizations assets and property including fleets
- Maintain comprehensive and organized organizational filing systems
- Coordinate, monitor and guide the Admin and Finance Officer and
- subordinates staff
- Supervising the smooth running of all logistical matters including fleet management, hotel bookings, flight arrangements, organizing meetings and workshops, etc.
- University Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Organizational Management or equivalent. Master of Business Administration/Finance would be an asset.
- At least 4years working experience with similar or equivalent positions.
- Experience in using computer-based accounting softwares, i.e. Quick Book, Advanced Excel, Peachtree.
- Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills
- Excellent in writing and speaking in English
- Ability to work under highly stressful conditions
- Willing to apply flexible working hours
Interested and qualified candidates who met the above criteria should send updated CV and application letters to Slypeerjobs@gmail.com. Please write “Application of Admin and Finance Officer” in the subject of your email. The deadline is 22 September 2018.