- Job category: Accountant/Finance/Budget Affairs
- Post date:1 Aug 2019
- Share job:
Post Title: Admin/finance assistant
Report to: Center Manager
Duty station: Gabiley, Somaliland
Duration: 1 year with possibility for extension
Date of issue : 31Th July, 2019
ClosingDate: 14Th August, 2019
Ministry of Youth and sport Somaliland is the Government agency mandated to enhance the development and empowerment of adolescent and youth in Somaliland.
In Somaliland 75% of the population are younger than 35 years old, according to population estimates, avenues for youth to obtain education and gainful employment opportunities are limited and opportunities to engage politically, economically, or socially remain weak or non-existent. The space and opportunities are even further restricted for girls and young women. Exclusion has created frustration and demoralization among youth.
Gabiley Youth Center is aimed to be one of the physical spaces that provides essential and strategic approach in promoting, empowering, mobilizing, educating, and fostering youth participation and engagement in Gabiley region.
The center will provide a number of integrated services and requires a dynamic individual who will be able to lead the center to excellence.
The admin assistant will report to the center manager
Duties and responsibilities
- Organize and schedule appointments
- Plan meetings and take detailed minutes
- Write and distribute email, correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Develop and maintain a filing system for the center
- Update and maintain office policies and procedures
- Order office supplies and research new deals and suppliers
- Maintain contact lists
- Book travel arrangements
- Submit and reconcile expense reports
- Provide general support to visitors
- Act as the point of contact for internal and external clients
- Liaise with center manager to handle requests and queries from senior managers
Bachelor degree or Diploma inbusiness administration, economics, public administration, finance.
Knowledge and experience
- Proven practical experience as an administrative assistant, virtual assistantor office admin assistant
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
Fluency in oral and written English and Somali
If you think you are a great fit, please submit your application and a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 14/August 2019 with the subject line indicating the title you are applying for
NB: An applicant must be a Somaliland national.
NB: Female professionals are encouraged to apply.An applicant must be a Somaliland national.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
3086 total views, 1 today