ADMIN/HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICER_HARGEISA.
Position: Admin/HR Officer
Direct hierarchy: ADMIN/HR Manager
Starting date: Feb. 2019
- Background on ACTED
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context. Their 3,300 staff is committed in to responding to emergencies worldwide, to supporting recovery and rehabilitation, towards sustainable development.
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill the Admin/HR Officer position based in Hargeisa.
- Position Profile
To perform Human Resource and administrative management for ACTED Somaliland/Somalia as outlined by the external governing laws, the ACTED specific policies and your line manager’s guidance.
III. Duties and Responsibilities
Recruitment & Onboarding processes
- Drafting of vacancy adverts and sending them to the ADMIN/HR Manager for review when requested.
- Send out invitations to short-listed candidates and communicate to the unsuccessful candidates.
- Facilitate interview processes by preparing interview packages and ensuring reservation of interview rooms.
- Facilitate vetting of candidates after offer is made
- Support onboarding processes for new staff
HR Titanics (Payroll/Homere), Benefits
- On monthly basis, to prepare/update HR Titanic& or HOMERE (as applicable) and submit to the ADMIN/HR Manager for review on 20th of every month.
- Ensure statutory deductions calculations match the formulas of the respective statutory body.
- Ensure the smooth operation of employee payment; explain and implement employees’ benefits packages as applicable.
- Payslip management- Ensure all payslips are printed and approved. Follow up with the Finance/Admin Officers at the base and ensure that they are signed by the staff and filed on monthly basis.
- Review the monthly Expat presence table and ensure that it is sent to ADMIN/HR Manager by 08th of every month.
Staff Information management
- Regularly update and maintain accurate excel database for both national and international staff-Share the same with ADMIN/HR Manager at the end of each month.
Contracts and ToRs
- Under the guidance of ADMIN/HR Manager, draftemployment contracts for new staff for review. Ensure the contracts are reviewed, approved and handed to staff before they are engaged.
- Liaise directly with the respective managers for comprehensive ToRs and ensure all staff have updated ToRs in place.
- Follow up and aware the respective manager, AHRM &CFM for the end of contracts a month in advance in order to advise renewal accordingly.
Leave follow up, Leave planning and public holidays
- Regularly update and maintain leave follow ups and leave planning for all the staff in the Somaliland/Somalia mission.
- Prepare a list of public holidays and Keep all staff informed of public holidays in the respective bases.
Employee Files Documentation/ Records Managementand document tracking
- In charge of filling at Somaliland/Somalia level and document tracking from the field.
- Open new files for new staff and ensure that all the required recruitment and onboarding documentation has been filed.
- Ensure field employee files are consistently updated upon hire and conduct monthly monitoring of employee files to verify that relevant onboarding documents, contract documentation, policy forms, performance management documents, staff training forms, leave requests, timesheets, pay slips, etc documents are filed for all staff.
- Maintain a control and check system of the attendance all staff and ensure updated Leave Follow Up and the attendance sheets are collected from the field and kept filling in Hargeisa Office.
- Ensure separation documents are appropriately filed for all staff
- Send a monthly Audit checklist report to the Admin/HR Manager for all national employees.
- Distributing and signing contract documents to field staff.
- Follow up with the Finance/Admin Officers at the base and ensure that each staff has their own personnel folder, updated regularly with the HR documents (contra cts,ToRs,Appraisals,ACTED Letters,Payslips,Attendance sheets, Leave requests, CV,Cover letter, interview records, academic certificates, Reference checks, next of kin details, medical certificate etc. and confidentially maintain them.
Daily worker FU
- Follow up with the Finance/Admin Officers at the base and ensure that daily worker requests are signed by all the relevant managers including AHRM and sent back to the field before commencement of the works.
- Collect the HR matters raised by the field teams on Weekly Area Meetings (WAM) and share them to the AHRM on a timely manner, for his/her feedback.
- Follow up with the Finance/AdminOfficers at the base and ensure every staff has attendance sheets and that they are properly filled out and filed on monthly basis.
Insurances (Medical, WIBA/GPA, AMREF)
- Facilitate and ensure medical scheme enrollment forms for new staff and dependents are duly completed and submitted to the Admin/HR Manager for review and submission to the medical insurer.
- Facilitate health talk meetings for staff member education
- Respond to staff queries concerning benefit entitlements
- Maintain a well updated database for insurance follow up
- To provide technical support to the field Finance/Admin Officers.
Coordinate Admin/HR meetings/activities
- Facilitate staff general meetings and other meetings initiated by Admin/HR by sending out meeting requests and reminders to staff
- Take notes during staff meetings, Admin/HR team meetings & other meetings as may be requested by the Admin/HR Manager
- Follow up with the Finance/Admin Officers at field and ensure that documents for audit are prepared and presented when needed
- Support the ADMIN/HR Department colleagues in daily relevant activities
- Any other duties as assigned by your line manager.
- Qualifications/Skills Required
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Human Resource or a related field.
- A minimum of three years relevant experience, preferably in a similar position in an NGO.
- Deep and clear understanding of humanitarian principles and activities.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective work relations at all levels.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision, pro-active and a good team-player.
- High level of integrity and honesty.
- Must show basic understanding of Somaliland, Puntland and Somalia Labour Laws
- Fluency in Somali language is an added advantage
- Application Procedure:
Qualified candidates with the required skills and qualifications are invited to submit their detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org received on or before 11thFebruary 2019 with the subject line “ADMIN/HR OFFICER_HARGEISA”. Applications sent after the deadline will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitments.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer