Administration and Facilities Officer
Job title Administration and Facilities Officer
Department PSI Somaliland
Based in Hargeisa, Somaliland
Reports to the HR and Admin Manager
Who we are
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to be healthy by providing access to products and services that range from mosquito nets to HIV testing.
There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds – from the medical industry to the music business – all with unique skills we bring to the job.
PSI seeks an Administration and Facilities Officer (AFO) to support our Administrative and Facilities Management efforts in Hargeisa and other field offices. The AFO will provide administrative and facilities management support to PSI SOM’s country office ensuring an enabling office environment and optimum management of the organizations assets to help PSI and its staff achieve its program objectives. The AFO will also help develop and implement a workflow system to manage multiple administrative work streams and a complex multiple-office environment. The AFO will be part of HR and Admin Department and will work closely with the all departments. This position is based in Hargeisa, Somaliland.
Sound like you? Read on.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Maintain a comfortable and enabling office environment for our staff including
o Spotlessly clean working environment (both interior and exterior)
o Ensure the office interior and exterior (including garden, eating areas, kitchen, vehicle parking area, store-rooms, bathrooms, prayer rooms) is well maintained, appealing, well decorated and creates a warm
environment for creativity and collaboration.
o Ensure the guest receiving and security room is always in a clean condition and includes facilities that welcome guests appropriately and provide
them with a good first impression of PSI Somaliland
o Ensure furniture and design an innovative sitting arrangement that is adequate and comfortable for staff
- Adequately plan and manage office supplies (including kitchen supplies, stationary, and other work tools required by staff) based on staff requirements and work through the procurement department ensuring supplies are accounted for and assuring no stock-out of office supplies.
- Utilities management: Ensure all office utilities are functioning and well Work through the procurement department to ensure office electricity, water, garbage collection are paid in a timely manner and that office utility service providers are providing quality services
- Asset Register management: Maintain an asset register of all PSI assets in line with PSI and donor asset management policies, ensuring their safety, conducting regular monthly verifications, including systems to track movements among staff and during staff asset allocation and exit procedures.
- Asset maintenance: Ensure that all office facilities and equipment are safe, clean and functional all the time and be in charge of arranging any repairs, replacements and maintenance.
- Meeting management: Establish a conference room management system that ensures efficient coordination and use of PSI conference rooms.
- Provide administrative support for PSI meetings, workshops ensuring all and conference required facilities, and arrangements are available and working in time for the meeting
- Visitors’ and reception management: Work closely with the Logistics Officer to ensure there is a smooth and secure protocol for visitors coming into the PSI
Office (including staff contact management, confirmation of business with staff etc).
- Staff supervision: Supervise office assistants to achieve the administration and facilities management portfolio objectives
- Provide administrative assistance to senior management staff.
- Any other administrative task as assigned.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject (Business Administration, Management, and International Development);
- At least four years of prior work experience in a fast-paced office environment;
- Advanced computer skills (MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, and PowerPoint),
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills with special attention to detail and timeliness;
- Proven ability to develop routines to manage large workloads and organize work efficiently;
- Readiness to interact with a variety of people and assume diverse duties and task.
What would get us excited?
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proven problem-solving ability;
- Ability to work efficiently and quickly under pressure;
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks;
Qualified Female Candidates are highly encouraged to Apply,
Please indicate the title “Administration and Facilities Officer” in the subject of your email and submit your CVs to email@example.com not later than Friday 15th February 2019
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraging to apply