Administration and HR Manager
Administration and HR Manager
ANPPCAN-SOM is a legally registered body in Somaliland and Somalia. It is a non-government, not-for-profit and non-partisan organization concerned with status of children and women in general and those in need of protection in particular. It is affiliated with ANPPCAN, a Pan-African child rights organization with headquarter in Nairobi, Kenya. ANPPCAN was founded in 1986 in Enugu, Nigeria during the First African Conferences on Child Abuse and Neglect. ANPPCAN-SOM Chapter is established in August 2008 in Hargeisa as one of the 28 Chapters across the continent.Since its establishment, the organization has grown from innovative start-up to become a nationally and regionally recognized charity organization.ANPPCANSOM is recruiting an experienced Administration and HR management based in its HQ in Hargeisa.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Administration and HR Manager will be responsible for all HR, and administration functions within the organization. He/she will also be responsible for logistics and procurement.
- Under the supervision and guidance of the Executive Director, he/she is responsible for the implementation of all HR issues of the organization.
- Leads the implementation and monitoring of all ANPPCANSOM personnel and HR regulations (national and international) and ensures that all staff are aware of their right and responsibilities
- Monitor national employment law/HR regulations and suggest modifications to internal rules.
- Establishes and maintains personnel files (national and international) containing all mandatory documents and items as per the HR policy.
- Leads and coordinates national staff recruitment including developing job descriptions, posting vacancies, screening applicants, interviews (where required), reference checks etc.
- Leads and coordinates employee on-boarding including preparing contracts, enrolling in payroll, issuing ID cards and contract annexes (Code of Conduct& ethical behavior standards, etc).
- Coordinates new employee induction and orientation (national and international) across relevant departments and persons specific to their job.
- Coordinates and monitors employee performance monitoring, grievance management and discipline.
- Maintains the employee (national & international) leave records and monitor proper use of leave.
- Prepares staff monthly payroll and control timesheets.
- Prepares tax payments/deductions as required under statute (for national and international).
- Leads audit responses in area of HR.
- Supports ANPPCANSOM in the gathering and monitoring of KPI and other HR related data.
- Monitors and maintains ANPPCANSOM formal registration in the country.
- Obtain entry visas, work permits, residencies as required.
- Monitor compliance with national tax codes.
- Monitors compliance with local statutory reporting requirements.
- Organize a filing system for important and confidential organization documents.
- Prepares and maintains organization calendar of events and appointments.
- Manages the fuel, maintenance and spare parts of the transport and vehicle log books.
- Prepares travel and accommodation services for foreign and ANPPCANSOM delegations.
- Prepares and maintain leases and contracts (offices, utilities, vehicles etc).
- Equips and maintains staff facilities and vehicles to the required standard.
- Establishes and maintains the organization’s asset register.
- Manages document filing, storage and security and repair/maintenance of office equipment.
- Ensures implementation of all assets management regulations.
- Functions as overall office manger ensuring smoothing functioning of offices in terms of services, supplies and consumables.
Procurement and Logistics
- Leads the implementation of all procurement and logistic regulations (internal and donors) to ensure all staff are aware of their roles and responsibilities.
- Where required, oversees proper implementation of the procurement process as outlined in internal regulations with respect for the division of labor and schedule of authorization.
- Establishes and maintains supplier accounts.
- Assists with preparation and advertising of contract documents & administering contracts.
- Enforces all controls to prevent fraud and corruption.
- Maintains accurate procurements files and audit records.
- Manages and maintain contractual agreements and relationships with vendors/contractors and all service providers.
- Carry out regular local market surveys and ensure the Supplier/Vendor List and other databases are kept up-to date.
- Oversees ANPPCANSOM vehicle management.
- Leads audit follow up in area of logistics/procurements.
- Master’s degree in relevant field.
- At least 4 years of progressive professional Administration, Procurement and HR experience within NGO sector.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Highly organized and principled character
- Proven managerial skills and ability to motivate and inspire team.
- Computer proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Previous experience or knowledge with logistics and procurement.
- General knowledge of donor procurement regulations.
- Existing knowledge of ANPPCANSOM and its mission.
- Prior field experience in procurement, HR and Admin or in a similar position is a plus.
Key Personal Competencies:
- A proactive individual with a can do attitude
- Flexible and adaptable.
- A good listener.
- An effective communicator.
- Team player.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Expected start date: Mid August 2018/beginning October 2018
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are requested to send the following to email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org by 09 August 2018 and reference “Admin and HR Position” in the subject line of your email.
Cover letter specifying how you meet the mandatory requirements, your motivation in applying and what you hope to bring to ANPCPANSOM (2-page maximum).
Up to date CV (3-pages maximum)
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
You should send copies of certificates, copies of diplomas, etc.)