Administration and Logistics Officer
Administration and Logistics Officer
Terms of Reference
|Administration and Logistics Officer|
|Department:||Admin & Finance|
|Reporting to:||Director Admin & Finance|
|Duration:||20 months (depending on continued budget availability and need for the position as well as satisfactory or better performance evaluations)|
|Duty Station:||Ministry of Public Works, Reconstruction and Housing (MPWR&H Southwest State Somalia)|
Somalia Strengthening Institutions for Public Works Project (SSIPWP)
The SSIPWP project is the centre piece for building the capacity of the Federal Ministry of Public Works, Reconstruction and Housing (MPWR&H) and the recently established state-level Ministries and the Banadir Regional Administration (BRA) by developing more effective, efficient, inclusive and accountable institutions for public works and infrastructure.
The SSIPWP project is funded by the African Development Fund (ADF) and the Transition Support Facility (TSF) of the African Development Bank (AfDB) and implemented through a Tripartite Protocol Agreement between the Somalia Federal Government, African Development Fund and the United Nations Office for Project Service (UNOPS).
The purpose of the SSIPWP project is improve the capacities of MPWR&H, State-Level Ministries and BRA responsible for public works to enable them independently plan, manage and oversee infrastructure construction projects and maintenance of public works (Project Appraisal Report, 2016).
Purpose of the position
- The Ensure effective implementation and adherence to ministry HR and procurement policies and operational procedures
Scope of services
- She/he Purchase goods and services for the office in accordance with the internal procurement policy, and external stakeholder rules and regulations
Duties and Responsibilities, include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct administrative tasks including but not limited to support for HR allocation, office coordination, and management of guest house and other facilities.
- Assist in communication with Ministry’s all stakeholder (banks, suppliers, etc.);
- Manage office supplies, security protocols and safe logs;
- Provide support to visiting staff including management of local hotel bookings in accordance with the organisation’s travel policies;
- Control the inventory of physical assets including the issue of staff equipment;
- Assist the organisation in the preparation and distribution of procurement documents including, but not limited to RFQ, RFP, RFI and Tenders;
- Prepare contracts such as purchase orders, work orders, contract agreements, the scope of works, letters of instruction etc.;
- Registering & recording all project expenditures, salary payments, consultant fees
and other support costs to the appropriate files;
- Ensure all project related support financial and admin document scan copies are complete and uploaded and archived both soft and hard copies.
- Manage vendor contracts and relationships and complaints promptly and appropriately to ensure seamless programme delivery occurs;
- Ensure all procurement and logistics documents are current and complete and ready for inspection and audit at all times;
- Assist the implementation of an effective recruitment cycle, and ensure all required documentation is in place as per recruitment SOPs;
- Liaise conducting an effective on-boarding process for new hires;
- Any other periodic and ad-hoc tasks/ duties as requested by the line managers.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Diploma/Bachelor degree in HR, procurement, supply chain and administration services.
- A minimum of two years of professional experience in the field of admin, finance and logistics in an NGO/grant funded environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with fluency English required;
- Somali and English language skills strongly preferred;
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial rules and regulations; and
- Knowledge of Excel or advanced accounting systems preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience in working UN, INGOs and Government Institutions
- Interested Somali candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their application letters and detailed CVs including contact information for at least two work-related supervisors as referees to email@example.com , Closing date by 25thMay 2019 @5:00pm.Kindly indicate “Admin and Logistics Officer MPWRH Southwest state Somalia & VA-no: 0085/19” on the subject line when applying.
- Qualified Female candidates is highly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.