Administration & Logistics Assistant
Administration & Logistics Assistant
Mogadishu, Banaadir Region
Position:Administration &Logistics Assistant
Duration of contract:9 Months (with possible extension)
Created in 1982, Humanity & Inclusion (formerly known as Handicap International) (HI) is an independent and impartial international aid organization working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside people with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our actions are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights. HI was the co-winner of the Nobel Peace Prize in 1997 for its role in the International Campaign to Ban Landmines.
HI started in Somalia in 1992 by setting up a rehabilitation center and supporting a local NGO, Disability Action Network, in building their capacity and take over the management of the rehabilitation center in Hargeisa, some years later. HI’s strategy in Somalia is to support local and international actors, access to services and advocacy for the rights of persons with disabilities and other disadvantaged groups such as older persons. HI engages with development and/or humanitarian actors through partnership, collaboration and capacity development to promote inclusion, access to and participation of persons with disabilities in basic and specific services as well as in decision making processes that affect their lives.
HI is currently implementing two humanitarian action projects in North West Somalia and Mogadishu on provision of psychosocial support and protection as well as on the inclusion of vulnerable populations in humanitarian response. HI implements directly and/or in collaboration with local and international partners.
For further information about the association: www.hi.org
- Logistics, Procurement and Movement Management support:
- Assistance with logistics and procurement tasks including support in obtaining local quotations for supplies, arrangements of deliveries, and local purchases;
- Responsible for coordinating movement of team;
- Arrange guests travel and accommodation including airport pick up and drop;
- Assistance in maintaining procurement tracker, movement record;
- Assistance in planning and monitoring thepurchasing of materials, services and goods, ensuring that all stocks and materials are secured;
- Assistance in maintaining inventories and its updating on monthly basis;
- Other tasks assigned.
- Administrative and HR support
- Stock office supplies, ensuring that the office is clean and functional for the team;
- Liaise with lessor for the fitting out, servicing and maintenance of the premise;
- Make sure that internet, telephone, water & power supply are available and functional in the premises in mogadishu and is responsible to maintain and provide solution when there is a problem;
- Assist all staff in making photocopies, scan and binding of documents as required;
- Maintain and ensure good care of office furniture, equipment and machines and monitor refill of cartilages and papers, it issues, servicing and maintenance of equipment;
- Update equipment monitoring chart in real time and carry out physical inventory twice a year;
- Prepare and make available the facility for meetings and learning sessions;
- Make sure that all the equipment are brought back to store after meetings;
- Prepare meeting attendance sheet when required.
- Ensure smooth operation of the administrative operations;
- Ensure that there is smooth communication flow and timely dispatch of documents;
- Manage the induction process of new staff at Mogadishu level;
- Manage Mogadishu staff leaves, attendance, time sheet, salary payments, etc.;
- Prepare monthly staff payroll ensuring that it is properly calculated and in agreement with their contractual terms and pay to the staff after validation;
- Pay monthly staff income tax to the Tax Authority;
- Ensure that HR files/archives are well managed and updated timely;
- Coordinate all administrative issues of Mogadishu staff at Mogadishu level.
- Finance Support
- Make payments (cheque or cash) according to the organization’s rules and following approvals;
- Check that all payments, travel advances, staff claims, journals and purchase/work orders have complete, bona fide, and legitimate supporting documentation and all transactions are properly authorized before payments are done;
- Check and analyze the bills and supporting documents: verify the amounts, description, period, name, etc. and translate invoices/receipts to English;
- Conduct cash counts on a weekly basis with Liaison Officer;
- Make sure that enough cash is available in the cash box at all times;
- Record all cash and bank transactions in the log-books on daily basis;
- Enter all cash and bank transactions in the journal (Excel/Navision) on a weekly basis;
- Monitor service advances and their timely reimbursement;
- Compile monthly accountancy by fulfilling bank reconciliation statements, cash flow verification table and cash reconciliation statement against log book and journal balances;
- Send the accountancy to the country office while ensuring all HI rules are adhered to until the 3rd of the next month;
- File soft/hard copies of all accounting and supporting documents for easy retrieval and reference;
- Advise staff on financial procedures;
- Answer to an audit queries in relation to Mogadishu accountancy;
- Perform other related duties as required.
This is to list as exhaustive as possible the duties related to this job. Nevertheless, the employee is expected to be flexible according to organization’s needs and to accept extra-duties, temporarily or permanently, in respect of working hours and workload.
- Start: October 2019
- Duration: 9 months with possibility for extension
- Travel: with possible travel inside Somalia
- Bachelor degree in a relevant field (management, logistics, business administration, accounting and finance or other relevant fields…);
- 2 years of professional experience in international organization with similar responsibilities;
- Proven ability to develop reliable and trustful work relationship with humanitarian partners, including authorities and local leaders;
- High sense of responsibility, conflict sensitivity and risk mitigation;
- Previous experience in an humanitarian NGO, UN and commitment to humanitarian principles;
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Somali;
- Excellent oral, interpersonal, diplomatic and communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with individuals from various cultures and backgrounds
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team
- Ability to perform routine and recurring assignment
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Autonomous, diligent and detail oriented
- Knowledge of standard MS office software packages Ms Excel, Ms Word and Ms Outlook & internet
Condition of application:
If you feel you are the right candidate for this position, kindly send your application along with an up-to-date CV + a cover letter (including 3 referees with their current official contacts) by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The email subject line should be marked: “Application for Admin&Log Assistant”
- Please, do not send your academic and other testimonials they will be requested at a later stage.
If one of the mandatory topics above isn’t respected, the candidate will be disqualified
Only short listed candidates with the above qualifications and skills will be contacted.
HI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Women and Persons with Disabilitiesare encouraged to apply