Administration Officer I
Administration Officer I – Mogadishu
Purpose of the Position:
With guidance from the Operations Advisor and Administration Manager the incumbent will provide support from Mogadishu Base functional support in the in the areas of administration , procurement and logistics.
The incumbent will collaborate with key managers and field Coordinators to ensure smoothimplementation of the day-to-day administrative and logistics duties in Mogadishu that impact on the efficiency of our Operations.
The post holder is responsible for effectively supporting the administrative function, supply chain and logistics ensuring effective, timely and accountable logistics support to all the field offices relying on Mogadishu Hub support, and executing the responsibilities with compliance to organisational policies and standards
- Day-to-day administrative and logistics support duties; including immigration requirements on in Visas
- Carry out stock verification of items purchased from International vendors and cleared directly by World Health Organization (WHO) and generate a report.
- Facilitate quarterly inventory reviews with WHO Warehouse and generate reports.
- Prepare and process Tax exemption applications through the authorities in Mogadishu for all WVI Shipments
- Pro-actively coordinate transport and security detail as required; receive World Vision visitors, provide short security briefing and provide overview of Mogadishu operations
- Facilitate and coordinate hotel, conference and transport as required.
- Implement filing and asset tracking mechanism on a regular basis.
- Facilitate compliance with local regulatory frameworks.
- Promote customer focused administrative function;
- Coordinate the preparation of trainings, conferences, etc.
- Maintain and update shipment movement tracking tools;
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Bachelor in Administration/Public Relations or related subject
- Three years of experience working in administration and logistics office in an INGO
- Ability to present financial data in a clear and coherent manner;
- Demonstrates well-developed interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as negotiation skills
- Must promote Finance policy and procedure, must “walk the talk” in terms of accountability
- Good organization skills, excellent attention to details and very good customer service skills
- Must show good understanding of Somalia/Kenya immigration laws
- Demonstrate knowledge working with MSWord and MS Excel
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to the field
- Travel: 10% Domestic/international travel is required.
- On call: Immediately