Administration Support Officer
- Job category: Human Resource & Administration
- Post date:13 Nov 2019
- Job expires in: Endless
- Share job:
Somaliland Youth Development and Voluntary Organization SOYDAVO
Add: Masalaha Area, Airport Road, Near Sky Hotel; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tell: +252 2 711808; Website: www.soydavo.org
Title: Administration Support Officer
Duty station: SOYDAVO Hargeisa Office
Working Hours: 7:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Reporting to: SOYDAVO Hargeisa Office in Charge
Open for: National Female Candidates only
Deadline: 21st November 2019
Somaliland Youth Development and Voluntary Organization (SOYDAVO), is a local, non-profit making youth-led NGO with its HQ in Burao. SOYDAVO was founded in 2003 as a youth club and later in 2006 registered as a non-profit making NGO with overall aim of empowering and bettering the lives of the women, youth and vulnerable populations in Somaliland. Over the past ten years, SOYDAVO has been one of the active local NGOs in the country and has presence in all over the six regions of Somaliland. As part of SOYDAVO’s strategic plan and its commitment to contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals – SDGs, SOYDAVO has expanded its operation area covering both far eastern and western regions, villages and districts, thus enabling vulnerable, internally displaced and drought affected communities to build their resilience to climate-induced shocks and natural disasters.
SOYDAVO’s Hargeisa Office, was therefore established to run and coordinate SOYDAVO’s projects in the western and coastal regions of Somaliland. The office has now a guest house which was initially planned to accommodate SOYDAVO’s field mission staff members. However, the guest house has been refurbished and improved its quality to offer accommodation services to both International and Local NGOs staff members with affordable prices and quality.
SOYDAVO is therefore, looking for a qualified female Administration Support Officer that that provides administrative support assistance to SOYDAVO’s management and other staff members in Hargeisa office. The Admin Support officer will be primarily responsible for the administrative work in the office and the management and supervision of the Guest House Support staff including cleaners, and cookers and will ensure that Guest House Quality is maintained at all times.
The Administration Support Officer will be primarily responsible for;
- Supporting and supervising the Guest House Supporting staff members including housekeepers and cleaners to carry out their daily cleaning and cooking duties in line with the standards and quality services set for;
- Will provide administrative assistance to SOYDAVO’s senior management and field staff in carrying out their activities;
- Provide induction and orientation briefings to SOYDAVO’s visitors;
- Ensure brochures, and other information provided at reception, on noticeboards and in meeting areas is current and orderly;
- Organize meetings and appointments and as well as logistical arrangement for the senior staff members and field missions;
- Maintain office filing systems and assist with the photocopying and printing of office documents;
- Ensure the Guest House supplies and kitchen stuffs including food and drinks are maintained;
- Make bookings of workshop venues, purchase of stationaries and other materials needed by the field staff to carryout out their daily operation activities;
- Maintain both ongoing and incoming Guest’s records;
- Carryout continuous improvements on the services offered including feedback made by the guests;
- Ensure cleanliness, safety and health and quality of the food and drinks served at the Guest House;
- Ensure that guests familiarise the fire escape instructions and the nearest escape route; ensure that all the instructions are available in the rooms;
- Do basic accounting and financial reporting of the guest house rents and the proper use and reporting of the petty cash;
- Provide monthly income and expense reconciliations
- Carryout any other tasks as assigned to by your supervisors;
Skills and Qualifications
The Admin Support officer is required to be honest, supportive and have a flexible time schedule skill as the support office will be required to work irregular hours because of the nature of the work. The Admin Support officer is also required to have excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills as the support officer will interact with both national and international staff members.
Education and Skills
The Admin Support Officer is required to have;
- An undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Hospitality, Hotel Management or any other related field.
- Excellent writing and speaking knowledge in English and Somali;
- At least 1-year experience in Administration and Hotel Management preferably in Somaliland or oversees.
- proficiency with computers and comprehensive skills in Microsoft Office applications, in particular – Word, Excel, Access. Experience in the use of email.
- Experience in an office environment with exposure to reception and broad administration duties.
- Ability to prioritise workload and work independently as well as part of a team.
How to apply?
Only Interested and qualified national female candidates can apply this job. Please send your CV and a one page covering letter explaining why you are suitable for this job to email@example.com not later than 21st November 2019 at 17:00 East African Time. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2230 total views, 1 today