Dhahar Referral Hospital
Dhahar – Sanaag
|Duty Station||Dhahar – Sanaag|
|Organization||Dhahar Referral Hospital|
|Effective Date||1st April 2019|
Performing all aesthetic medical activities according to MoH policies, protocols and universal hygiene standards, in order to ensure the quality of pre, during and post-operative care of patients
- Performing consultations to patients due for surgery, evaluating of the risks of operating (in collaboration with the surgeon), obtaining patient’s written authorization for their operation, providing patients with appropriate information on their illness and treatments, and deciding on what type of anaesthetics to be used
- According to set procedures, carrying out all nursing anaesthetics related activities during surgery in order to collaborate in patient’s adequate anaesthetized state and safety during the process. Preparing the drugs, material, and equipment required for the surgery. Monitoring patients throughout the whole intervention and administering and maintaining anaesthetics following the rules of hygiene and asepsis in force.
- Providing post-operative care, including immediate post-operative surveillance in the recovery room and special patients present in the intensive care unit, in order to adapt the prescriptions, with special focus on patient’s pain relief, during the stabilization and recovery process. Does round consultations with the Surgeon Doctor once or twice a day, discussing therapeutic orientations with the department manager, renewing prescriptions and ensuring they are followed. Systematically evaluating patients’ pain to adapt prescriptions and/or therapies for their relief.
- Respecting, promoting and ensuring medical confidentiality and implementing and following hygiene rules, procedures and protocols at all times as well as looking after the integrity of anaesthesia material (decontamination, sterilisation, storage conditions, etc.) and other equipment, in order to ensure the safety and protection of patients and other staff. Knowing accidental blood exposure policy and procedure and implementing them when necessary.
- Education level required: at least Bachelor of Nursing with specialization of anaesthetics is essential
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years’ experience in anaesthetics services during surgery
- Language needed: Somali and English
Qualified candidates with the required skills and qualification are invited to submit their detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org lastly on or before 25th March 2019 with the subject line “Anaesthesiologist – Dhahar”.