APPRAISAL, MONITORING AND EVALUATION OFFICER
APPRAISAL, MONITORING AND EVALUATION OFFICER_HARGEISA.
Position: AME Officer (In-charge of Database)
Direct hierarchy: AME Manager
Starting date: Feb. 2019
- Background on ACTED
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context. Their 3,300 staff is committed in to responding to emergencies worldwide, to supporting recovery and rehabilitation, towards sustainable development.
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill the AME Officer position based in Hargeisa.
- Position Profile
The AME Officer is responsible for maintaining and upgrading the central and project-specific databases, conducting data analysis, and supporting the design of various database tools and strategies.
The main objective of this role is to create and maintain appropriate databases for all projects, in line with ACTED AME guidelines; and Provide accurate, reliable and insightful data analysis as required
III. Duties and Responsibilities
Database Management System Implementation
- Maintain the country’s central and project-specific databases;
- Ensure all data is entered and updated in the databases and tables;
- Support the AME Officer and Monitors/Surveyors in ensuring that data is collected in a timely and accurate manner according to the reporting and monitoring requirements;
- Check the quality of the data submitted by field staff;
- Perform data cleaning when needed; Liaise with field staff regarding missing data, eventual mistakes, data discrepancies and/or inconsistencies;
- Ensure proper filing of hard and soft copies of survey questionnaires, lists of beneficiaries or other data collection tools or documents;
- Maintain and further develop the structure or format of the databases as required;
- Implement proper backup, restore, data validation, and security procedures to ensure data integrity and availability;
- Provide database technical support to ACTED teams, and troubleshoot both hardware and software issues; and
- Ensure databases align with data protection and confidentiality principles.
- Verify the accuracy of the data collected during assessments;
- Clean data collected during assessments and flag any issues to the relevant departments;
- Extract queries, figures, and reports from the database;
- Generate data visualization such as charts, graphs, tables to be included in communication tools, reports, assessments and any other documents as per needs;
- In collaboration with the AME Officer, provide data analysis of projects’ activities and assessment data;
- Support the improvements of the data collection tools and processes and pilot new ideas with assessment teams in the field.
- Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to supervisors and other team members;
- Participate in database-related workshops and meetings as required; and
- Perform any other related activities as assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Qualifications/Skills Required
- A Bachelor’s Degree in statistics, computer science or closely related to field
- Proficient understanding of AME, including the ability to work effectively with tight timelines, high quality standards, and demanding, potentially overlapping priorities.
- Experience of social research methods to conduct monitoring and evaluation for humanitarian and development initiatives/interventions.
- Excellent analytical skills in order to interpret qualitative and quantitative data and discern useful recommendations for programme implementation and development.
- Statistical analysis and IT skills, including use of SPSS and Excel for data analysis.
- At least 3 years of work experience in a similar field; former experience with humanitarian organizations is an asset.
- Good English communications skills (both oral and written).
- Strong team player of high integrity, pleasant personality, ability to work under least supervision and meet strict deadlines.
- High level of integrity, transparency and honesty.
- Fluency in Somali language
- Application Procedure:
Qualified candidates with the required skills and qualifications are invited to submit their detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org received on or before 18thFebruary 2019 with the subject line “AME OFFICER_HARGEISA”. Applications sent after the deadline will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitments.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer