APPRAISAL MONITORING& EVALUATION OFFICER_BADHAN
APPRAISAL MONITORING& EVALUATION OFFICER_BADHAN
|ACTED Kenya||Last Update|
|HR Department||August 2018|
|Department:||Appraisal Monitoring & Evaluation Unit (AMEU)|
|Position:||Appraisal Monitoring and Evaluation (AME) Officer|
|Direct Hierarchy:||Sub-Area Coordinator.|
|Functional Hierarchy: Country AME Manager|
|Contract duration:||9 Months.|
|Starting Date:||September 2018|
Background on ACTED
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context. Their 3,300 staff is committed in to responding to emergencies worldwide, to supporting recovery and rehabilitation, towards sustainable development.
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill the below positions in Badhan Somalia.
Under the supervision of the Sub Area Coordinator, the AME Officer will be responsible for the management and implementation of AME Activities in Badhan, Somalia.
The AME Officer shall be responsible for:
Development of AME project monitoring and evaluation plans, data collection tools and methodologies
- Together with the AME Team, be involved actively in the design of AME methodologies, terms of reference (TORs) and data collection tools to monitoring progress and outcomes of ACTEDs projects in Badhan, (including for baseline surveys, needs assessments, monitoring and project evaluations);
- Ensure that monitoring and evaluation activities are in-line with expected project goals, objectives and measure the defined indicators;
- Collaborate with Field Coordination and Program Development Department to design logical frameworks and indicator collection plans;
- Work closely with the Program Development Department in order to provide useful information for mapping and project reporting, as necessary;
- Liaise with partner/collaborating organizations for AME activities, as required.
Facilitate the collection of accurate, reliable and useful data for project implementation and development
- Plan and conduct field-level data collection, at different stages of the project to support project cycle management;
- Provide field supervision and plan logistical arrangements for conducting AME activities;
- Communicate regularly to the Country AME Manager and Senior AME Officer on the implementation progress of field missions;
- Conduct data collection using qualitative and quantitative methods and secondary data (reports, government statistics etc.);
- Train enumerators; supervision of data entry and conduct data checking/cleaning for quantitative and qualitative data when necessary;
- Support the Senior AME Officer to ensure that AME information is stored and managed effectively and confidentiality is maintained in accordance with ACTED procedures.
Conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis and write timely and useful reports for programme development, management and implementation
- Conduct analysis of quantitative data, including preparing cross-tabulations, graphs and statistical analysis when required;
- Conduct qualitative analysis including writing up field-notes and use different methods to improve programme implementation, such as SWOT analysis, Problem-Solution tree, etc.
- Facilitate field team debriefing sessions;
- Facilitate quick and accurate reporting of monitoring result to ensure that ACTED, donors and other organizations can build upon successes and lessons learnt during the programme when requested by the Country AME Manager.
Management of AME team in Badhan and external relationships under his/her responsibility
- Frequently communicate with Senior AME Officer on most matters, keeping the Country AME Manager informed;
- Daily supervision of staff under your responsibility, including development of work plans;
- Capacity building the AME Assistant and evaluating his/her performance.
- Manage the AME activities for Badhan Area;
- Communicate weekly with AME team to coordinate monitoring schedules – requiring approval for all technical matters;
- Work with management and support staff to comply with ACTED rules and procedures;
- Completing all other duties and tasks, in accordance with the functions and duties of the AMEU as requested by the Country AME Manager or by ACTED Coordination; and
- Other tasks as required to complete necessary tasks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology, Community Development, WASH, Rural Livelihoods or related field.
- Extensive experience of social research methods to conduct monitoring and evaluation for humanitarian and development initiatives/interventions. Knowledge and experience of participatory rural appraisal methods an asset.
- Excellent analytical skills in order to interpret qualitative and quantitative data and discern useful recommendations for programme implementation and development.
- Statistical analysis and IT skills, including use of SPSS and Excel for data analysis;
- At least 3 years of work experience in a similar field; previous experience with humanitarian organizations is an asset.
- Good English communications skills (both oral and written) and report writing skills.
- Strong team player of high integrity, pleasant personality, ability to work under least supervision and meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent team management skills
- Strong people management and leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently.
Qualified persons with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae as a single document i.e. with the cover letter being on the first page and the CV starting on the second page, detailing three work related referees and official contacts to
firstname.lastname@example.org and received on or before 5.00pm, 21st August 2018 with the subject line: AME OFFICER-BADHAN. Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage. Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of the recruitment process request a candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitments. ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.