Assistant SHG National Coordinator
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: Assistant SHG National Coordinator
|Job Title:||Assistant Self Help Group National Coordinator|
|Location:||Hargeisa, possible to travel intervention sites|
|Closing Date:||20th March 2019|
Network against FGC in Somaliland (NAFIS), is the national network for ending female genital cutting and empowering women in economic, social and political by bringing sustainable development and positive social transformation based on respect for human right and poverty reduction approaches. From September 2013 NAFIS is managing the Self-help group (SHG) approach in Somaliland; which implementing by eleven (11) organizations in Marodijeh and Togdheer and expecting to extend into Awdal, Sahil, Sool and Sanag regions in 2020. SHG is a community development approach which empowers the poor of the poorest in a sustainable path. This program has 81 staff headed by the national coordinator (NC). Therefor NAFIS is looking for a qualified Assistant National Coordinator; with the following requirements.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
The assistant national SHG coordinator will take important part of the implementation planning with the supervision of the National coordinator (NC); the ANC will implement the following activities
- Participate in the preparation of Annual SHGA Work plans/Budgets for NCO.
- Support promoting organizations to prepare Annual SHGA Work plans/Budgets.
- Participate in the preparation of Annual SHGA Agreements (MoUs) for promoting organizations.
Implementing of Community Structures
The ANC will implement the followings
- Take part the role to promote and strengthen the Children’s Groups as they are implemented by the promoting organisations.
- Take part the role to strengthen the SHGA which is implemented by the promoting organisations, with a special focus on the second batch of promoting organisations.
- Provide technical support to promoting organizations through ongoing trainings, phones, emails, and during the monitoring visits.
- Advise NCO on the status of each promoting organisation and make recommendations on how weak partners may be assisted to do better and whether the partnership should continue or not.
- Support partners in preparing their narrative reports and budgets in time.
Monitoring and Capacity Building of Promoting Organizations
ANC will implement the following activities with the supervision of the NC
- Conduct frequent monitoring visits and assess the performance of the promoting organizations (at least one visit to each organization biannually).
- Build the capacity of promoting organizationsand SHG, CLA and the Federation/ during the monitoring visits, through the provision of on spot training, support and feedback.
- Participate in organizing trainings and take part the role in facilitating at trainings as per the annual SHGA work plan.
- Participate in organizing forums to share experiences among promoting organizations and SHGs, CLAs, Federations.
Reporting and Documentation
- Review reports submitted by promoting organizations, provide feedback and submit them to the National SHG Coordinator (NC) on time.
- Write quality reports for monitoring visits and submit them the National SHG Coordinator/ NC. The reports will be written with 14 days after returning from the field. Use the findings to make follow ups with the respective promoting organisations.
- Collect case studies, success stories, innovative approaches, best practices and challenges from prompting organizations so as to enrich the SHGA reports.
- Compile half-yearly and annual narrative reports and submit them to the NC.
- Document and share lessons learnt, case studies, best practices, innovative approaches obtained from the partner organizations, including during monitoring visits.
- When need arises participate in developing different publications on the SHGA in SL.
- Participate in facilitating of visits by KNH staff, country coordinator (CC), regional mentor (RM) and other visitors to promoting organizations.
- Carry out any other duties that may be assigned by the National SHG Coordinator, including participating at National SHG Coordinator’s Meetings.
- Bachelor degree in development studies, Social work, businessadministration and relevant degreeis a requirement
- Extensive experience in project cycle management is a requirement;
- Experience and knowledge with Gender Basic violence (GBV) is desirable;
- Monitoring and evaluation skills is desirable
- Good experience in working with grassroots communities and community development concepts
- Excellent knowledge of facilitation skills
How to apply:If you meet the above requirements, please submit your application and CV/resume via e-mail not later than 20th March 2019 to email@example.com . Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Female candidate are encouraged to apply