AUDIT & COMPLIANCE OFFICER
AUDIT & COMPLIANCE OFFICER
CARE International is a humanitarian aid organization fighting global poverty, with a special focus on working with women and girls to bring lasting change to their communities. As a non-religious and non-political organization, CARE works with communities to help overcome poverty by supporting development projects and providing emergency relief. We believe supporting women and girls is one of the most effective ways to create sustainable outcomes in poor communities. CARE International is starting health sector interventions to complement ongoing interventions in other sectors. We invite applications from experienced and talented individuals for the position of Audit &Compliance Officerbased in Somalia and Somaliland.
TheAudit, Risk&Compliance function supportsCARE Somaliaand itsmanagement by evaluatingtheadequacyand effectiveness of thegovernance, riskmanagement,controland oversightsystems in place.
Therole holder will be part ofa teamdeliveringhighquality,outcomes-focused internal audit assignments, reviews,investigations andother workassignedtothem tomeet agreed professional standardsand stakeholderexpectations,ontime andwithin budget.
He/Shewill be expectedto join audit teamsacross theglobe,and contributetowards the production of highquality,value-adding audit reports in English thatareclear, concise,timely and solutions-driven.
He/Shewill also beexpectedtomaintainstrongprofessionalrelationshipswith their teamand auditees,ensuring that theykeep up-to-date with changes and eventsthathave asignificant impact ontheriskprofileofactual aswell as potential assignments.
Reportsto: Audit, Risk&ComplianceManager
BudgetResponsibilities:Nonedirectlythoughwill be instrumental auditsaredeliveredon budget
- Travel and deliverauditsacrossthewholeCountry Officeprogrammingportfolio,unless travel is restricted bytheorganizatio
- Worktothe annualtimetableforaudits, rather than thetimetable of theirhomebase offi Bythisitsmeant thatstaff mayberequiredtoworkon aparticular festivalor holidayand adayoffered inlieu.
R1:workwiththeAudit&ComplianceManagerandSeniorAuditorasrequired,todeliver on auditassignments;
R2:ininteractingwith‘clients’,presentapositivefaceofInternal Audit&ComplianceUnit andaimtobuildstrongrelationshipsboththrougheffectivecollaboration,andthedelivery offirst-classresults;
R3:worktoadefinedinternal auditmethodology,and meetthe expectationsofsenior auditorandmanager in deliveringhighquality internalauditwork;
R4:promote‘horizontallearning’opportunities,ensuringthatlearningisidentifiedandthat goodpractice issharedactivelyoperations/regions/programmes visited;
R5:participate inworkshopsand presentations as requiredbytheorganisation
R6:contribute to systemsdevelopmentworkwithinCAREInternational,helpingprovide soundadviceregardingappropriate levelsofinternalcontrol&oversight,and facilitatingthe effective managementofrisk;
R7:Maintainup-to-dateknowledgeofaudit toolsandCARE’soperations,operating environmentand,
R8:support theseniorauditorand managerinactivitiesthatcontribute tothe futureshape and directionoftheInternal Audit&ComplianceUnit.
BEHAVIOURS (CARE valuesin Practice)
- Affirmsthe dignity, potential and contributionofparticipants,donors, partnersandstaff.
- valuesdiversity,seesit asa sourceofcompetitive strength
- honest, encourages openness andtransparency; demonstrateshighest levelsof integrity
- holds themselves accountablefor makingdecisions, managing resourcesefficiently, and being areal ambassadorAudit,Risk&Compliance Unit;
- fosteraculture ofaccountabilityacrossthe organization throughtheirinternal auditwork
- An active listener, approachable
- Workscloselywith all parties,working clearlytowardsfinding practical andeffective solutions tocomplexproblems
- setsambitiousand challenginggoalsforboththemselves and their team, bringingout thebestintheteam, andplayingan active role indevelopment–theirown aswell as theteam’s
- motivatesothers infurthering the vision forCARE
- Universitydegree in Accounting
- be aqualified internal auditor(IIA) oraccountant(CPA,ACCA) orequivalent;
- Bachelor’s degreein accounting andextensiveinternal auditexperience inareputable
- be detail-orientated,andiscommittedto undertaking workin alogical anddisciplined manner,in line with theprescribedmethodology
- able to completemultiple projects, with conflictingpriorities,on atimelybasis
- have strongexperiencein producinghighqualityeffective written communication e. reports, in English
- Communicatingandsharingideasandinformation–abletopresent findingsand recommendation and expressopinionsconfidently;
- Planningand organizing–able todefinework goalsand objectives;develop and execute workplans;andcontributetothe achievement ofworkgroupobjectives;
- be willingtoundertake highamountof travel andworkwith minimumsupervision under difficultconditions;
- have astrong cultural awarenessandbeable toworkwell in aninternational environmentwith peoplefromdiversebackgroundsand cultures;and
- becommittedto CAREInternational’svalue
- haveatleast 3yearsauditexperience in anINGO or in a reputablecommercial/public sector international organisation;
- have some experience of grant requirementsof majordonorssuch asUSAID, EC/ECHO,DfIDandtheUN
- have afinancial analysisaptitude
- have some experience ofcomputerisedfinancial systems
Theduties andresponsibilities assetout abovearenotexhaustive and the roleholdermaybe requiredto carryoutadditional duties within reasonableness oftheir level ofskillsand experience.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their application letters and detailed CV to SOMRecruitment@care.org by July 19, 2019. Kindly indicate“AUDIT &COMPLIANCE OFFICER”on the subject line when applying. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CARE is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.