Auditor Manager (Director)
HIRSHABELLE STATE OF SOMALIA
CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT (1)
|Job Title:||Auditor Manager (Director)|
|Ministry / institution:||Office of the Auditor General|
|Grade Level & Classification:||Grade 7|
|Reporting to:||Auditor general|
|Hours:||36hrs per week|
Purpose of the position
This position is asenior Civil Service managerial position of the Office of the Auditor General, responsible for managing audit teamsandthe performance of the staff, in accordance with the Civil Service law, to ensure effective, efficient and timely completion of the tasks of the Office. The primary task is the completion of assigned financial/compliance audits and the delivery of draft audit reports.
The Audit manager is required to provide the necessary leadership to ensure Audit Office staff are fully motivated to carry out their respective duties, and to ensure that the Officer of the Auditor General is established within the Hirshabelle state as a leading proponent of open, transparent and accountable government operations, particularly with respect to managing the Administration’s financial matters.
- Responsibilities & Duties
Responsibilities of the Audit Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting the Auditor General in the preparation of office strategic and operational planning documents.
- Supervising and managing audit team(s) conducting financial and compliance audits.
- Reviewing audit work completed to ensure work performed is sufficient and is of the required quality.
- Preparing draft audit reports and collaborating with the Auditor General to complete and issue final audit reports.
- Liaising with auditees at every stage of the audit process.
- Provide detailed support to auditors during the audit of complex financial transactions/processes.
- Provide regular reports (formal and informal) to the Auditor General regarding progress made and any issues identified.
- Conduct regular assessment and annual performance appraisal for all team members.
- Provide feedback and continual coaching and mentoring to team members as required.
- Deliver formal in-house training as required.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of assigned staff.
- Carry out any other task assigned by the Auditor General.
- Qualifications and Training
- ACCA/CPA, Degree in accounting qualification or related field, having Master’s Degree in Accounting or related field is an asset but not required.
- 3 years post qualification experience in auditing/accounting.
- Computer literate – Comfortable using Microsoft Office (particularly MS Excel and MS Word).
- Knowledge of Accounting Software Packages -essential
- Demonstrated leadership and organisational development skills– essential
TheAudit Manager must be able to demonstrate:
- Highest levels of personal and professional integrity.
- Experience in managing staff.
- Proven analytical and communication skills.
- Flexibility – can adapt to changing work priorities with little notice.
- Capacity for multi-tasking – Ability to successfully complete several tasks at once.
- Potential to contribute to the future development and stability of the Hirshabelle State of Somalia
- High standards of ethical behaviour and integrity
- Ability to motivate and mentor staff
- Ability to communicate well both orally and in writing
- Ability to identify, analyse and solve complex problems
- Ability to plan and organize work to ensure effective implementation of Audit Office functions
How to apply
Please download Application Form:
Interested candidates who meet the criteria are encouraged to fill the form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org by not later than 10 Jan 2019
- Please quote the position you are applying for in the subject of the e-mail.
- Application form should be sent as attachment in word format.
- Female and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- If you are shortlisted for an interview, you will be required to come with
your original academic and professional certificates during the interview day.
- For more information please visit the following website. www.somalijobs.net