Auditor Officer (2 Positions)
HIRSHABELLE STATE OF SOMALIA
CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION
|Job Title:||Auditor Officer|
|Ministry/ institution:||Office of the Auditor General|
|Grade Level & Classification:||Grade 6|
|Reporting to:||Auditor Manager|
|Hours:||36hrs per week|
- Purpose of the position
Auditor officer will provide support to the audit manager responsible for conducting financial/compliance audits under direction of assigned Audit Manager, and to take on team Leader responsibilities as required. The primary task is to provide completed draft reports of assigned financial/compliance audits to the assigned Audit Manager.
The Auditorofficer is also required to contribute transparent and accountable government operations, particularly with respect to managing the Administration’s financial matters.
- Responsibilities & Duties
Responsibilities of the Auditorinclude, but are not limited to:
- Carrying out audit examinations of accounting records, documenting them in audit working papers.
- Completing assigned audit programmes as assigned by the manager responsible for the audit.
- Reporting issues identified to the manager responsible for the audit.
- Identifying and recording audit issues for inclusion in draft audit report.
- Communicating with the auditee on a day-to-day basis in a polite and professional manner.
- Participating fully in training activities as required.
- Carrying out any other task assigned by the Audit Manager.
- Qualifications and Training
- Degree in accounting or related field (essential)
- Computer Literate – Comfortable using Microsoft Office (particularly MS Excel and MS Word)
- Degree in accounting or related field OR AAT/CAT qualification OR part ACCA/CPA qualified or equivalent (desirable)
- At least2 year post qualification experience in auditing/accounting
TheAuditor officermust be able to demonstrate:
- High levels of personal and professional integrity
- Good timekeeping
- Proven analytical and communication skills
- Flexibility – can adapt to changing work priorities with little notice
- Able to follow instructions and work independently as required
- Ability to communicate well both orally and in writing
How to apply
Please download Application Form:
Interested candidates who meet the criteria are encouraged to fill the form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org by not later than 10 Jan 2019
- Please quote the position you are applying for in the subject of the e-mail.
- Application form should be sent as attachment in word format.
- Female and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- If you are shortlisted for an interview, you will be required to come with
your original academic and professional certificates during the interview day.
- For more information please visit the following website.