Auxiliary Nurse (5 Positions)
Auxiliary Nurse (5 Positions)
|Organization||Gargaar Relief and Development Organization (GREDO)|
|Position Title||Auxiliary Nurse|
|Location/Duty Station||Yeed/ Bakool 2 Positions
Buurhakaba 1 Position
Qoryooley 2 Positions
|Commitment to Diversity||GREDO is an equal opportunities employer.|
GREDO is an indigenous local NGO. Non-profit non-partial, non- political and voluntary organization based in Baidoa. To reach the most affected grass-root communities in Bay and Bakool regions and lower Shebelle effectively and efficiently, the necessity of local partnership in relief program appeared. Responding to the partnership need, a group of Somali intellectuals and well-wishers initiated in December 1992 a local non-governmental organization called Gargaar Relief and Development Organization (GREDO) the organization has implemented during these period different projects including relief and emergency programs and later improved into rehabilitation and developmental programs.
1.0 Job Summary
This job creation is aimed at building an emergency health team to quickly respond to the dire health needs of people affected by the drought.
2.0 Key accountabilities:
- Assists the Qualified Nurse for diagnosis and treatment of patients with common diseases
- Provides/assists patients for medical care when needed
- Interviews patients to identify their needs and concerns
- Screens patients to support for urgent attentions by nurse/midwife for severe patients;
- Plans/implements and evaluates assigned patients by the nurse
- Cleans equipment and keeps them in order and proper place
- Organizes referral if needed; transports patients on Stretchers, Ambulances and Wheelchairs if necessary and appropriate
- Carries out other assignments given by the duty nurse or in charge nurse in line with his/her job description
- Maintains orderly follow up of patients
- Dispenses medicines properly when required and keeps record properly
- Any other tasks required by the line manager
- Must have a certificate of community health nursing.
- Diploma of community health nursing or public health will be an added advantage
- At least 1 year of experience in a recognised health institution or worked with agencies that carry out health activities
- Proven experience and understanding of treatment of common illnesses, patient care
- Demonstrated language skills in English and basic spoken Somali language skills
- Commitment to and understanding of GREDO’s aims, values and principles.
4.0 Core Values and Critical Competences.
Respect Integrity Transparency & Accountability
Commitment Excellence Diversity
Initiating Action Facilitating Change Team Mobilization
Stress Tolerance Collaboration Coaching and Mentoring
Adaptability Negotiation Conflict Management
- Child Protection and safeguarding
The responsibilities of the post will require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people and Gredo as an organization has a dignity of protecting and safeguarding children by giving awareness, protection reporting and taking actions.
All applicants should drop a letter of application and updated CV (including 3 referees) to email@example.com and indicate the position applied for in the subject.
The deadline for application is 14/07/2019
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: Please provide 3 professional referees e.g. Institution of learning, Previous and current supervisors at workplace.
GREDO is an equal opportunities employer