Branch Health officer
Positions: Jowhar Branch Health officer
Duty Station: Jowhar, Middle Shabelle
Reports to: Branch Coordinator and technically to PHC Manager
Number of Positions: 1
The Somali Red Crescent Society (SRCS) is an independent, non-political humanitarian organization that was founded in April 1963 and was established with presidential decree No. 187 in 1965. It was then recognized by the ICRC in 1969 and in the same year became a member of the International Federation of the Red Cross and the Red Crescent societies.
The Somali Red Crescent Society is currently looking for a qualified candidate to fill the vacant position of Jowhar Branch Health Officer.
Roles and Responsibilities of this Position
- Liaises closely with the Health delegate responsible of the PHC and SRCS health coordination.
- Visits all clinics and HPs regularly to monitor, assess and to correct any problems if required.
- Updates the clinical health guidelines.
- Ensures the clinic and HPs regular supplies by medical materials and drugs.
- Assessment of the medical programmes in the clinics and HPs running by the other actors.
- Provide basic training and follow-up in the PHC’s.
- Provides Monthly regular activities reports.
- Ensures the clinics and HPs provide regular medical statistics to SRCS Health coordination, ICRC health delegates.
- Attends regular meetings with interlocutors and other organizations, and report the outcomes.
- Ensures the smooth running of the SRCS/ICRC supported clinics and Health Posts.
- Supervises and ensures the goods provided to the clinics and Health posts have arrived and distributed timely and appropriately.
- Supports the SRCS health coordinator in the opening of new clinics and in training of new health staff and identify training need for the clinics.
- Organize NS field trips (community health campaigns) when appropriate.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned
- Bachelor Degree in Nursing, Public health, Medicine, Nutrition
- At least 3 years experience in similar or related post ( experience in Humanitarian organization will be an added value)
- Excellent proficiency in English both writing and speaking.
- Familiar with the situations in the context and able to observe
- High commitment and ability to work under pressure
- Posses sharp problem solving skills and ethical behavior
Interested candidates should email their updated CV, cover letter, and copy of their certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for Applications: February 15, 2019