Business Coach (3 Positions)
|Job title||Business Coach x 3|
|Reporting to||Business Development Specialist|
|Period||August – October 2019|
Shaqodoon is an upshot of former “Somali Youth Livelihoods Program” that provided youth living in Somaliland, Puntland, and South-Central Somalia with greater opportunities to access work, training, internship and self-employment opportunities. Shaqodoon is a Somali word for “jobseeker”. The organization supports the business community and young entrepreneurs to access employment, internship/apprenticeship, business mentorship, coaching, business development services and access to finance. Its mission is to empower and inspire young people and the MSMEs in Somaliland/Somalia to realize their full potentials and to grow meaningfully. Shaqodoon also utilizes innovative cell phone and web-based technologies that provide platforms for NGOs, donors, private sector and government to deliver SMS/Voice feedback services to promote accountability, transparency and effective monitoring.
Shaqodoon is seeking an experienced and passionate Business Coach x 3 who will deliver training and coaching for Small and Medium Enterprises.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Asses business needs and identify the necessary skills to be provided
- Submit monthly and quarterly activity/mentoring reports and meeting minutes
- Provide direct one-on-one coaching and technical assistance to small business.
- Provide support and training in business plan development, marketing and strategies, financial planning, paper-based recordkeeping, customer care, Business Management, access to finance.
- Providing expertise and resources starting or growinga business.
- Guide businesses through application for loans
- Provide regular reports and updates through varies of channels
- Participate in organizing and conducting Inspirational sessions for the MSMEs
- Conduct regular follow ups and record and report both fails and success
- Gain regular feedback from beneficiaries using SMS/IVR feedback service.
- Provide one to one coaching and Mentoring.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- University degree in Business Administration, Economic, Preferred majors include business, marketing and accounting.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in similar role preferably in BusinessDevelopment Consultancy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills both in English and Somali.
- Strong report writing skills is essential
- Proficiency in computer applications such as MS packages, MS Word and Excel is a must.
- Interested applicants should submit cover letter and updated CV with three professional references and their contact details on Monday, August19, 2019 via e-mail address:email@example.com. indicate the title of the position in the subject of your email “Business Coach”