C P CASE WORKERS (2 Positions)
C P CASE WORKERS (2 Positions)
|Organization||GREDO– Gargaar Relief and Development Organization|
|Position Title||CP CASE WORKERS|
|Location/Duty Station||Yeed/Bakool 1 Position
Qoryooley 1 Position
|Commitment to Diversity||GREDO is an equal opportunities employer.|
GREDO is an indigenous local NGO. Non-profit non-partial, non- political and voluntary organization based in Baidoa. To reach the most affected grass-root communities in Bay and Bakool regions and lower Shebelle effectively and efficiently, the necessity of local partnership in relief program appeared. Responding to the partnership need, a group of Somali intellectuals and well-wishers initiated in December 1992 a local non-governmental organization called Gargaar Relief and Development Organization (GREDO) the organization has implemented during these period different projects including relief and emergency programs and later improved into rehabilitation and developmental programs.
The position and basic qualifications are as follows:
C P CASE WROKERS
- Promote adherence to the guiding principles of protection among community focal points , other community –based actors and service providers for safe and ethical referral of cases and ensuring self-determination of the UASC and other child protection cases
- To make regular field visits to all IDPS refugees asylum seekers and build a reliable sources of information among target communities local MCH/HEALTH POST community watch groups and other structures in all target areas.
- Participate in the protection cluster and sub-cluster meetings (GBVWG, CPWG) MEETINGS AND PROVIDE updates.
- Liaise with the protection information management officer for information sharing
- Emergency support such as medical assistance wet feeding dry food NFI and dignity kit for migrants and returnees in emergency
- Regularly attend the GBV case management meetings and provide regular updates in coordination with other case workers in the case management group.
- Support all emergencies involving in mixed migration, provide information on new arrivals to GREDO and will participate emergency lifesaving action as deemed necessary.
- Ensure data of GBV survivors are accurately recorded on weekly, monthly and quarterly bases and are available.
- Case management and follow up of unaccompanied and separated children after identification and documentation including continuous basic emotional support. once the cases is identified the case workers/protection monitor is expected to provide case management based on a child-centered approach:
- Create a climate of trust and care.
- Comprehensive best interest assessment, case action planning and implantation;
- Maintain daily contact with community structures and project beneficiaries to ensure the correct procedures and principles are adhered to.
- Ensure the provision of comprehensive information on services available to the Clint, maintain coordination with service provider focal points and ensure accompaniment and referral to service adhering to referral SOPs and need to know principle.
- Prepare, plan and conduct community awareness rising on protection, GBV and education.
- Facilitate the setup of community awareness rising on protection and education.
- Identify vulnerable cases (individuals and families) following the program and selection criteria.
- Attend community meetings and trainings.
- Take part and facilitates other protection activates. Such as NFI distribution, awareness raising, child protection activities response.
- Take part in project proposal development by collecting information from community ability to deliver information and communicate in a child friendly manner.
- Any other duties assigned by his/her supervisor
- Qualifications and experience:
- Diploma, preferably in social sciences, Human rights, International law or related field
- Experience, preferably a minimum of one year, as a social worker or on case management.
- Experience in community mobilization and networking, ability to motivation to work well with local authorities, local community.
- Good cooperation skills, ability to work well independently and in a team.
- Good problem solving and social skills and creative, to think of alternative solutions
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Computer literate (word and excel).
- Willing to work extra hours and available at the weekend for emergency cases,
- Experience working with international NGOs, UN agencies and /or local authorities in complex emergencies.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication.
The responsibilities of the post will require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people.
NB: All applicants should drop a letter of application and updated CV (including 3 Professional referees) to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the position applied for in the subject. The deadline for application is 14/07/2019
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
GREDO is an equal opportunities employer
- Posted by: Somali Jobs Inc
- Company: GREDO- Gargaar Relief and Development Organization
- Location: Anywhere
- State: Bakool - Qoryooley
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Health/WASH
- Tags: No Tags
970 total views, 1 today