Call for independent Experts
Call for experts– Somalia/land
|Position:||Call for independent Experts (Somali nationals only)|
|Application Deadline:||15th October 2019|
SPARK is currently implementing a four-year programme aimed at improving the social-economic position of youth in Somalia, Libya and Tunisia, with a heavy focus on youth job creation through entrepreneurship development and SME growth. The Local Employment in Africa for Development (LEAD) focuses on supporting youth through access to education, and the labour markets by creating jobs and opportunities via support and focus to existing SMEs and new start-ups.
Spark is seeking for technical and subject-matter experts in all fields related to the business sector. This will provide an opportunity for qualified experts to be added on our existing pool of consultants who may be called upon at short notice to provide technical support to SMEs. In collaboration with the Spark team, these selected experts will be contributing towards thegrowth of SME and entrepreneurship development by providing tailored technical assistance. This call is open to independent candidates (not consulting firms/organizations) with technical expertise in any relevant field for SMEs and business development services.
We are particularly looking for experts from the following sectors:
- Financial management (budgeting and planning)
- Strategy and policy development
- Production enhancement and optimization
- Business law and regulations
- Accounting systems
- Business Administration (Marketing, Sales, HR, Communications and Customer Care services)
- Any other relevant field.
Requirements and Skills
- Master’s Degree in economics, marketing research, marketing analytics, international business,statistic, international development, or any other related field related to relevant subject matter
- Has in-depth technical knowledge of the Somaliland market, gaps and roles of different industries;
- Sound analytical, organizational, project management and negotiation skills and the proven ability to conduct hands-on training for SMEs;
- Strong report writing skills.
- Demonstrable work experience in conducting and writing of market studies.
- Ability to work independently;
- Fluent in both English and Somali languages.
How to apply?
If you are interested, please applywith the following:
- Curriculum Vitae(inEnglish) highlighting work experience and qualifications relevant to your areas of expertise.
- One sample of an assignment (e.g. report) highlighting previous experience relevant to your areas of expertise.
- Expected daily rate
- Full contact details of three references
Applications must be sent to:https://vacancy.spark-online.org/until 15th October 2019.
For questions please contact Majdalene Bentaher,http://email@example.com,reference: (Independent Experts, Somaliland)Applications sent to this email address will not be considered
All applications will be assessed on rolling basis; interviews can therefore take place before the application deadline. However, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every applicant individually. There may be a delay between the deadline and the moment we contact selected applicants.
If you have not received a reply we regret to inform that we have continued with other candidates.
SPARK develops higher education and entrepreneurship to empower young, ambitious people to lead their fragile and conflict-affected societies into prosperity. SPARK is a dynamic and growing, international not-for-profit development organisation with 80+ staff members, in more than 14 offices around the world. SPARK supports refugees in the Middle-East by providing them with scholarships in universities and higher education institutions in the region. SPARK also supports young entrepreneurs in fragile states, to start or grow their own businesses.