Card Business Manager
International bank of Somalia (IBS) is a sharia compliant commercial bank licensed by the Central Bank of Somalia. The Bank’s mission is to be a trans-formative financial solutions provider for a better society, and has a vision to be the leading and innovative international Islamic Financial Institution (IFI). As a peoples’ bank, it positions itself as an attractive place to work in.
THE POSITION: Card Business Manager
The IBS bank requires to hire a person for the position of Card Business manager. The job will involve managing the business in all its forms including, strategy, distribution, operation, financial reporting, and management of staff.
Position: Card Business Manager
Job type: Full time
Duties and responsibilities
- Managing the card center unit for IBS bank with the following main tasks: –
- Create card awareness/Usage
- Card usage and distribution
- Administer card unit
- Handle customer service complaints
- Create synergies in all units/ depts. in the bank for wider card usage
- Mitigate card risk though a robust policy framework for the bank in liaison with MasterCard and ensure full compliance for the same
- Manage and adhere to 3rd party SLA and suppliers. Ensure the bank is not exposed and settlement for transaction is done within stipulated time.
- Ensure MasterCard quarterly statistics are prepared and forwarded to the third party processor in time
- Ensure the bank is compliant with all regulatory bodies such as MasterCard/Visa and other local regulatory bodies in terms of chargeback and dispute resolution. Ensure bank is not
Qualification and skills sought
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, IT or any other related field.
- MBA (Added Advantage)
- Professional Qualification. Preferably visa and MasterCard Courses
- Good command of Somali and English language
- At least 4 years of relevant experience in banking operations
- Experience in card center operations will be an added advantage
- Project Management and IT proficiency
Competency and Personal attributes
- Self-motivated and ability to multitask and provide leadership.
- Team player with exceptional communication, public speaking & interpersonal skills.
- Hardworking, self-disciplined, reliable, honest, a diligent planner & result oriented.
If you believe you meet the above specifications, send your application letter and curriculum vitae mentioning your current/last work with copies of your credentials before 19 Jan 2019, to: firstname.lastname@example.org