Child Protection Officer (1 Position)
Locally VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organization to which all SOS Children’s Villages including SOS Children’s Villages Somalia Association is affiliated. SOS Children’s Villages Somalia has officially been working in Somalia since 1985. SOS is currently working in 134 countries worldwide. We are committed to the welfare of children – often throughout the whole of their childhood, and to strengthening families and communities as a preventive measure in the fight against abandonment and social neglect. We also run education and health facilities. With the SOS Children’s Village concept, the organization pioneered a family approach to the long-term care of orphaned and abandoned children. SOS Children’s Villages upholds child protection policy and our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children and youth from abuse. SOS Currently working in Banadir Bay/Bakool Regoins.
SOS Children’s Villages invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates who fulfill the eligibility criterion for the below one Position
Job Title: Child Protection Officer (1 Position)
To assist the Project Coordinator, in the accomplishment of the child protection activities in the project and other related protection activities within the SOS CV which include: training and follow up on all matters of child protection in his/her respective operational area.
Report to: Project Coordinator
Key Area of responsibility:
Priority Task and Responsibilities:
- Train volunteers and staff working in the Child Friendly Spaces
- Carry out periodic community dialogue on child protection
- Support youth to carry out child protection awareness campaigns
- Periodic district level CP campaign involving all stakeholders
- Engage primary schools on child protection issues
- Guide and support with reporting, referral of child protection incidents
- Supervise and monitor the activities implemented in the SOS Child Friendly Spaces at the static centers.
- Produce project reports on monthly and quarterly basis
- Produce activity reports e.g. training reports
- Document and share promising child protection practices
- Monitor protection issues for boys and girls and share to the concerned bodies
- Represent SOS CV in district coordination meetings in the child protection cluster/working group
- Plan joint activities/events whenever possible to maximize integration and collaboration of other partners
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Social Work and Social Administration (SWSA)/Social Sciences, Development Studies, Education is an
- 3 years of experience or more in related job of protection is desirable added advantage
- Technical Training qualifications in protection or peace building will be an added advantage
Desirable: Understanding local contexts and dialogues is additional value.
Child Safeguarding Policy: SOS Children’s Villages organization is committed to safeguarding the rights of the children and therefore, is expected that every individual who joins with SOS Children’s Villages Somalia understand his/her responsibility in protecting and keeping children always safe
Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV and scanned copies of your academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees to: this email email@example.com
Indicating with subject line of the position.
Closing date is 15th November,2018
Competent Female candidates are encourage to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.