|1. Job Title||Civil Engineer|
|2. Department||Water Resources|
|Section||Rural Water Supply System Plan & Design Unit|
|3. Assignment Location||Mogadishu, Ministry of Energy and Water Resources|
|4. Grade Level||Grade A, level 3|
|5. Reporting To||Head of Rural Water Supply System Plan & Design Unit|
|6. Supervisory Responsibility||The Civil Engineer will be responsible for the supervisionof employees in the Rural Water Supply System Plan & Design Unit.|
|7. Job Purpose||The tenacity of hiring an engineer is to undertake design, construct, and maintenance of water supply system for rural areas, train employees of water resources department, and advice and support other needs of the Ministry related and within the scope of the assignment.|
|8. Objectives of the Job||· Characterizing the Rural Water Supply system and construction
· Evaluating long-term trends in Rural Water Supply.
· Assessing new or emerging issues of Rural Water Supply designing.
|9. Duties and Responsibilities||The duties and responsibilities as rural Water Supply Engineer include to:
· Conduct technical implementations and infrastructure works.
· Undertake site investigations and rehabilitation works, and provide construction requirements input with the maintenance, design, and cost estimations.
· Provide technical support during the construction, design and survey works implementations, and develop an alternative solutions if required,
· Undertake evaluation and provide bills of quantities and work out material requirement, verification of supplies, and the all necessary follow ups.
· Ensure timely requisitioning and delivery of all construction materials at the work site.
· Ensure that project implementation is to sound technical standards by carrying out field monitoring of all construction works.
· Prepare the detailed designs and construction drawings of the water supply systems.
· Design water supply facilities or networks including specifications and estimates.
· Work as part of a project team and undertake responsible of planning, design of development, calculations, presentations, and overall project development.
· Interact with clients and prepare future projects with proposal development.
· Prepare design calculations, drawings, and specifications for water pipelines and pumping stations.
· Conduct technical evaluations to support planning and design related water systems.
|11. Education and Qualifications||· University Degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized university.
· The candidates with Masters Degree of Construction and Structure Engineering will have an added advantage.
|12. Experience||Essential experience and skills:
|13. Skills Mix Requirements||· Governance
· Change management
· Leadership and development
· Problem-solving techniques
· Blend of analytical, observational, organizational and networking skills
· Strategic planning and benchmarking
· Project management
· Performance measurement
· Team building and management
· Monitoring and evaluation
· ICT skills
· Report writing
· Excellent oral and written English and Somali languages
|14: Competency Requirements||· Gives objective advice based on sound analysis
· Focuses on outcomes
· Gives purpose and direction
· Thinks strategically
· Involves people in decision-making
· Communicates effectively
· Demonstrates commitment to organization/ corporate decisions
· Displays an intelligent awareness of the political environment
· Prepares plans with clear short and long term objectives
· Functions effectively in a team of professionals
Kindly submit your CV and covering letter to HR@moewr.gov.so cc firstname.lastname@example.org why you are interested in this position and also the skills and experiences you can bring to the position. Your CV letter should also include details of 2 referees.