Health Poverty Action (HPA) formerly Known as Health Unlimited works with some of the poorest and most marginalized communities in Africa, Asia and Latin America, often in very difficult environments. We work to enable these communities to achieve improvements to their health, promoting this as one of their fundamental human rights.Spanning almost a quarter of a century; Health Poverty Action’s work has grown to include programmes in 14 countries across Africa, Asia and Latin America (with more currently in development). We always prioritise the most poor and the most marginalised – those neglected by governments and almost everyone else. This has led us to work in some very difficult environments, often providing the only external assistance.
HPA Somaliland seeks to recruit competent and dynamic professionals for the positions of Clinical Coordinator The positions are based in HPA Berbera office with frequent travel to project sites within the Sahil region as detailed bellow;
Position: Clinical Coordinator
Duration: 6 Months
Duty Station: Berbera with frequent field travel within Sahil region
Reporting to: Senior Technical Advisor
The position holder will contribute to the implementation of project performance through overseeing and supporting training/capacity-building activities, supervision, monitoring, evaluation, accountability and reporting systems. He/she will promote understanding of demand creation and health seeking approaches within emergency community integrated health and nutrition outreach processes. Working closely with the MoHD structures and project teams, the position holder will implement tools to ensure beneficiaries are informed of project goal, implementation methodologies, beneficiary selection criteria, project timeline and obligations. He/she will monitor adherence to HPA/donor compliance standards and requirements and will contribute to assessment and evaluation processes to promote quality delivery and to help measure impact and support institutional learning, monitoring and evaluation and related activities with particular emphasis to Integrated Health and Nutrition, SGBV and WASH programmes. He/she will also support the wider HPA Somaliland Programme.
Key Responsibilities will include but not limited to;
- Provide technical and programmatic support to the Emergency programme, EPHS Sahil programme related to maternal, child health and nutrition.
- Provide technical support to HPA supported health facilities in Sahil regions to strengthen the health service delivery systems.
- Provide capacity building support to the project staff, MCH staff, RHO team and hospital staff supported by project through training, coaching and mentoring.
- Support and improve health management information systems at MCHs, RHO and hospital level.
- Support and improve quality of care, service delivery system and record keeping at MCHs and hospital level.
- Support and improve health programme planning, management, monitoring and supervision and health system management at RHO and MCH level.
- Support all community-based activities that encourage community participation in monitoring and demanding for quality health services including activities aimed at addressing SGBV.
- Coordinate project related survey, assessment, baseline, evaluation, monitoring and reviews as per the plan.
- Support and make improvement in M&E system to assess the impact of health promotion activities and contribute to the overall documentation of the project lessons learned and stories of change.
- Ensure that country programme is producing results as per the plan and maintaining the quality of programme delivery as per HPA’s standard and in line with national policies and guidelines.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Programme Manager
Skills and Competence:
- Relevant qualification; BSc in Nursing & Midwifery; Clinical Medicine; Public/Community Health or related discipline
- Proven ability & experience in programme monitoring and technical support supervision in integrated health and nutrition support supervision – Minimum 2 years
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills;
- Excellent English writing skills
- Fluent in Somali and English languages
- Commitment to overcome poverty and suffering
- Proficiency in computer systems and email.
- Experience of working effectively within a big international agency, in health and nutrition demand creation projects/programmes.
- Prior experience in supporting Health Sector supervision in emergency settings, mentoring training/accompanying/learning in the field.
- Experience leading strategy development and implementing collaborative monitoring Proven ability to synthesize and distil information from a variety of sources, to draw lessons from project documentation and to summarize complex information accurately and concisely
- Prior experience working on DFID funded projects
How to Apply (NB- Please do not apply if you cannot follow these simple instructions);
All Applications should be addressed to: The HR-HPA
Please send an Updated CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating full contact details of at least 3 professional referees.
Please Quote “PPS-HPA-DEC-2018” and the Position you are applying for in the Subject line of your email.
Only applications sent by email will be accepted.
These are national positions. We strongly encourage female candidates to apply for these positions.
Deadline for Submission: Thursday 27th December 2018 at 5.00 PM. Applications submitted after this deadline will not be accepted.
We regret that only Shortlisted Applicants will be contacted for interviews.