Communication and IT Officer
AGRICULTURAL DEVELOPMENT ORGANIZATION (ADO)
Head Office – Hargeisa, Somaliland
Tel: 523828, 4429664; 4429440
Job Title: Communication and IT Officer
Job Type: Full Time / 5 Working Days
Location: Hargeisa, Somaliland
Report to: Communications Department
Hours: 40 Hours/Week
Agriculture Development Organization (ADO) is a non-governmental, non-profit seeking organization that endeavors to promote agricultural sector, farmers’ capacity and environmental protection and conservation in order to empower and improve livelihood conditions of the agro-pastoral communities in Somaliland through rights-based approach. ADO envisages a productive and self-reliant society living in healthy environment where citizens have good quality of life and equal access to national resources.
The current communication activities in ADO are handled by different staff members, each with their own assigned tasks. Recently, ADO revised its communication strategy and develop its communication objectives. The revision was undertaken to strengthen institutional sustainability by raising public awareness of its work. It was recognized that having a senior communication officer can provide better support to enhancing the marketing and communication activities of the Organization.
ADO is looking for a dynamic and senior member to its programme team. The person will be responsible for successfully raising the profile, building audiences and effectively communicating the ADO’s mission, message and work to meet strategic and operational objectives.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE COMMUNICATION OFFICER
- Ensure the successful implementation of ADO’s communication strategy
- Contribute to the ADO’s outreach and funding raising efforts
- Build strong links with potential audience
- Collaborate with management to develop and implement an effective communications strategy based on our target audience.
- Write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other marketing material that communicates the organization’s activities, products and/or services.
- Develop, implement and evaluate ADO’s Communication Strategies on the basis of
program thematic areas, events and other activities
- Ensure the social media channels of ADO remain engaging and active, including occasionally live posting of events and monitoring commentaries.
- Ensure that communications activities promote an accurate image of the organization and its programmes amongst media and other targeted audience.
- Coordinate for regular communication activities of ADO’s including development
of IEC Materials, Dissemination and Impact Analysis.
- Respond to media inquiries, arrange interviews, and act as a spokesperson for the organization.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists, and maintain a media database.
- Oversee the Organization branding, design principles and guidelines for all ADO’s materials and products, ensuring their consistent application
- Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics.
- Proficiency in design and publishing software.
- Manage conflict as it arises and escalate to management.
- WEBSITE AND SOCIAL MEDIA CONTENT
- Develop and generate social media content including, text, photos, videos and audio for use across ADO’s website, Twitter feeds and Facebook pages. ADO projects outreaches should widely disseminate through websites, twitter and facebook.
- QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, communications, or other relate fields, with knowledge of communication and marketing principles.
- At least 5 years of professional work experience in communications and marketing or public relations
- More than two years of experience in designing, editing and producing publications, especially reports and briefs
- Experience in brand management
- Highly skilled in conceptualizing, writing and selling to internal and external audiences
- Advanced English-language writing, editing and spoken English
- Excellent oral communication skills, including presentation (Powerpoint) with strong attention to detail
- Website content editing and proofing
- Social Media
- Knowledge of MS Office applications
- Skills and Competencies
- Professional on Computer Literacy
- Proficient on Computer Programming
- Leadership and people management skills
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Negotiation and Conflict Management Skills
- Fluent in English and Somali languages
- HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates with the required skills and qualifications are invited to submit their detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter to email@example.com and received on or before 14thJuly 2019 with the subject line “COMMUNICATION AND IT OFFICER. Applications sent after the deadline will not be considered.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.