Communication and Liaison Officer(s)
COMMUNICATION AND LIAISON OFFICER AT INDEPENDENT BOUNDARIES AND FEDERALISM COMMISSION (SOMALI NATIONALS ONLY)
Job Title: Communication and Liaison Officer(s)
Job Category: Expert
Department/Group: Planning and Policy Department
Location: Mogadishu, Somalia
Primary Reporting Line: Secretary General of Independent Boundaries and Federalism Commission (IBFC).
Secondary Reporting Line: Reconciliation and Federalism Project (REFS) Project Team Leader/ Project Officer of UNDP, Somalia.
Duration:4 months (Renewable subject to performance & funding)
Expected Start Date: Immediate
Position Type: Capacity Injection
About the Commission
Independent Boundaries and Federalism Commission (IBFC) is responsible for the entire National Boundaries delimitation, demarcation and finalization of Federalism process in Somalia. IBFC is mandated to establish inter-state, regional and district boundaries according to the Federal Constitution of Somalia.
Under the supervision of the Chair and Secretary General of Somalia’s National Independent
Boundaries and Federalism Commission); the Communication and Liaison Officer (CLO) will support BFC efforts to build closer ties with partners across the full spectrum of BFC activities. By building strategic relationships and working with partners, CLO will seek to confirm high level of partner’s satisfaction with BFC program implementation and support along with
assimilation of best practices and innovative solutions from experienced UN agencies, government institutions into BFC operations. The CLO will also support BFC for resource mobilization efforts across the organization.
The Communication and Liaison Officer will deliver results in the following areas:
- Provide support in the implementation of BFC Communication and Liaison activities.
- Ensure effective communications, visibility and knowledge management.
- Develop and prepare materials for meetings, briefings, training workshops and other events.
- Ensure effective and updated social media presence including progress updates and key milestones achieved by BFC and/or its partners.
- Organize and coordinate BFC activities in Mogadishu and other Federal Member State such as conferences, consultation meetings and BFC activities in close consultation with
Commission’s top management.
- Act as the focal point for BFC communication office to the government ministries, independent commissions, UNDP and other UN agencies.
- Guide and advice BFC main office and other regional offices on visibility and communication strategy related partner’s requirement.
- Assist the engagement with partner institutions and support the BFC main Office in preparation of meetings with partners.
- Support the coordination of BFC main activities with Federal Government institutions, FMS, UNDP and other UN agencies
- The incumbent will be requested to support administrative tasks including minor procurement and payments, travel and maintaining personnel files; Prepare all official correspondence.
- Collaborate with management to develop and implement an effective communications strategy based on BFC targets.
- Any other related duties as may be required.
Education and Experience
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) in development studies, reporting and communications, journalism, international affairs, political science, or Public Administration and related field.
- A first level University degree (Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent) along with 5 additional years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of advanced degree.
- A minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible experience in partners or client relationships, institutional development and/or market analysis.
- Demonstrated excellent research and analysis skills related to partner/business development in an international setting.
- Good understanding of functioning of Somali government and its socio-political landscape.
- Demonstrated ability to use basic graphics programmes.
- Field experience or experience in developing countries will be considered an asset;
- Experience with international organizations or public institutions are considered an asset.
- Languages: Fluency in both English and Somali is mandatorty; written and oral.
- Knowledge and/or fluency in other international languages will be an asset.
- Creativity and innovation;
- Planning and organizing;
- Excellent communication skills, strong analytical skills;
- Ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor own work plan, perform a broad range of activities;
- Commitment to continuous learning, positivity and constructive approach to work
- Good knowledgeable of technology and procedures related to communications.
If you meet the above requirements, please send your Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org and copy Isak.email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 10th June, 2019
Only shortlist candidates will be contacted. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Posted by: Somali Jobs Inc
- Company: Independent Boundaries and Federalism Commission (IBFC)
- Location: Anywhere
- State: Mogadishu - Somalia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Sales/Marketing/Communication
- Tags: No Tags
1938 total views, 1 today