Somali Youth Development Network (SOYDEN) is a nongovernmental nonprofit organization working in Somalia since 2002. With its headquarters in Mogadishu, SOYDEN works in the areas of Youth and women empowerment, political accommodation and reconciliation, social healing, governance, conflict early warning & conflict early response, peace building and stability etc.
SOYDEN in implementing “Supporting the Wadajir National framework for local governance” – a local governance formation process in Hirshabelle region in Somalia, seeks a qualified candidate to fill the position of:- Communication officer.
- Bachelor Degree in communication; IT or related field
- At least 2 years of field experience in communication department of a company/NGO
- Good knowledge of media stakeholders in Somalia
- Familiarity with the aid system, and ability to understand donor and governmental requirement
- Excellent communication and drafting skills
- Being a strong team player and adept at creating a strong team spirit;
- Highly proficient in written and spoken English and Somali
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint…), and knowledge of other design softwares (Publisher, adobe illustrator, Photoshop…)
The Communication Officer role is to develop the communication plan of project and ensure its implementation, especially (but not exclusively):
– Identify target groups with specific communication channels/messages/supports to reach them
– Act as a link between SOYDEN and other NGOs working in the same field in Somalia
– Ensure the functioning of the SOYDEN website and the creation/update of content
– Create social media accounts and update it regularly with new content
– Organize relation with the traditional media (TV/radio/newspaper) to cover project events and draft press release
– Develop the banners and all visibility tools for the project, in relation with logistic
– Provide communication inputs for development implementation of awareness campaign
– Any other communication/visibility initiative
The Communication Officer will be based in Mogadishu, with some travels within Somalia in the areas of operation, following SOYDEN security procedures.
Commencement: As soon as possible
Contract Duration: 1 year with possibility of extension
How to apply
All interested applicants to submit an updated CV and Cover letter indicating motivation and three work related referees to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as the email subject.
All applications must be received before :25/July/2018..4.00 P.M