SOMALIA STRENGTHENING INSTITUTIONS FOR PUBLIC WORKS PROJECT (SSIPWP)
Terms of Reference
|Position Title:||Construction Engineer|
|Reporting to:||Director of Construction|
|Duration:||20 Months (depending on continued budget availability and need for the position as well as satisfactory or better performance evaluations)|
|Duty Station:||Ministry of Public Works, Reconstruction and Housing (MPWR&H Jubaland State Somalia)|
The SSIPWP project is the centre piece for building the capacity of the Federal Ministry of Public Works, Reconstruction and Housing (MPWR&H) and the recently established state-level Ministries and the Banadir Regional Administration (BRA) by developing more effective, efficient, inclusive and accountable institutions for public works and infrastructure.
The SSIPWP project is funded by the African Development Fund (ADF) and the Transition Support Facility (TSF) of the African Development Bank (AfDB) and implemented through a Tripartite Protocol Agreement between the Somalia Federal Government, African Development Fund and the United Nations Office for Project Service (UNOPS).
The purpose of the SSIPWP project is improve the capacities of MPWR&H, State-Level Ministries and BRA responsible for public works to enable them independently plan, manage and oversee infrastructure construction projects and maintenance of public works (Project Appraisal Report, 2016).
- Development and implementation of relevant construction Engineer policies and procedures, in consultation with the Director of Construction.
- The Construction Engineershall at all time act in accordance with Rowing Somalia’s constitution and current policies.
- To Assist in the MPWRHJubalnd state of the High Performance program (construction, design, costing, other)
- To develop and implement of relevant financial policies and procedures, in consultation with his/her line manager.
Scope of service
- The construction Engineer will be responsible for all side supervision and related construction matters of the ministry, and will report to, and work closely of his/her line manager.
Duties and Responsibilities includes but not limited to these:
- Development of project work element plans.
- Coordinate project definable features of work with ministry superintendents, foremen, craft workers, and subcontractors.
- Computer Aided Drafting for analysis of lift equipment capabilities and depiction of work method sequencing.
- Critical path scheduling and 3 week look ahead scheduling.
- Review designs, drawings, and engineering data prepared by ministry consultants and vendors for conformance with project plans and specifications, and identify associated conflicts.
- Investigation and research for needed permanent, consumable material items, equipment, &tools.
- Inspection of newly delivered permanent materials for conformance with project requirements.
- Coordinate project activities with the client’s representatives and other project stakeholders.
- Falsework Design.
- Monitor of Ministry and its subcontractors’ operations.
- Daily operations and quality control reporting.
- Project photographic records.
- General project support.
- Ensures compliance with Manson’s Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Conduct.
- Responsible for practicing safe work standards and promoting an Incident and work environment as a condition of employment.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Civil Engineering, Ocean Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Management or Construction Management, from recognized college or university.
- Minimum 2 year experience in the field of construction
- Good knowledge of field work such ashuge constructions, site supervision.
- Excellent computer skills
- Fluent in English and Somali
- Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their application letters and detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date by 25th May, 2019 @5:00pm. Kindly indicate “Construction Engineer& VA.no 0066/19 – Jubaland State, Somalia” on the subject line when applying.
- Qualified Female candidate is highly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.