CONSULTANCY OPPORTUNITY For Development of organizational policies and procedural manuals
1st May 2019
Development of organizational policies and procedural manuals
Ubaxa Caasimada (UC) is a nonprofit; nongovernmental local youth network dedicated in reinstating peace, security, public ownership, while also addressing the post conflict social behaviors and attitudes in Mogadishu through the promotion and increased local youth engagements and volunteerism in public and social works. UC engages in long-term development work, responds to emergencies, and seeks to address the social challenges and barriers through development, education, and advocacy work. UC has been active in Mogadishu since June 2016 despite the political and social instability and constant insecurity that characterize the city. The network successfully carried different projects that encompasses; peace appearance tournament, peace and security awareness campaign, city street beatification and greenery, advocacy works on annual and weekly basis. The network currently received a Seed Grant project funding to build its organizational capacity and professional skills
- PURPOSE OF THE CONSULTANCY
The purpose of the consultancy is to conduct field- and desk-level organizational SWOT analysis and develop the organizational policies and procedural manuals and train UC personnel on the knowledge and practices of these manuals
- CONSULTANCY SPECIFIC TASKS
- Identify the organization SWOT
- Recommend five to seven most important organizational policies and procedural manuals
- Identify packages of tools, non-instruction support or relevant paper works and documentation
- Explore, identify, and recommend appropriate strategies, approaches and processes, to strengthen UC organizational capacities and professional skills
- Identify main constraints and opportunities of UC local youth network
The consultant will employ both quantitative and qualitative techniques in undertaking the study. The study will start with the analysis of relevant secondary information (including contextual analysis and organizational documents, as well as available reports and publications) and go on to a series of semi-structured interviews, and, if applicable, focus groups discussions
- DELIVERABLES/EXPECTED OUTPUT
The consultant will be expected to produce the following outputs:
- A draft report detailing the process, findings, and analyses, conclusions, and recommendations of the analysis in separate sections for each recommended activity. The recommendation section should outline approaches to project design and implementation providing concrete actions that UC can engage in (See Consultancy Specific Tasks: C).
- Develop UC identified organizational weakness and capacity needs
- UC personnel to be equipped with effective organizational skills and knowledge
- Provide an under 30 minute video-recorded presentation of the final work.
- Final payment is dependent on the submission of a good quality, well-written completion of agreed outputs (as detailed above)
- LINES OF COMMUNICATION/REPORTING
The consultant will liaise with the Seed Grant Project Manager and UC Executive Director.
- TIMEFRAME AND LOCATION
Work expected to commence in 1st June 2019. All contracted days should take place within a contract period of one (1) month ending no later than 30th June 2019. The consultant will be expected to meet strict deadlines
Agreed rates will be based on prevailing market competitive rates and value for money. In full consideration of the services performed by the consultant under the terms of contract, UC shall pay the consultant fees as per an agreed output/deliverables-payment schedule as follows:
- 30% of total agreement will paid upon contract signing
- 30% of total agreement will be paid upon satisfactory completion of the draft report.
- 40% of total agreement will be paid upon satisfactory completion of final works.
- Any additional services billed and/or contract extension must be agreed through a contract amendment approved by UC .
The Consultant is not an employee of UC or its affiliates, thus no benefits or compensation are provided as part of this agreement.
- ESSENTIAL AND DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATION OF THE LEAD CONSULTANT OR CONSULTANT TEAM AT LARGE
- Master’s Degree in nonprofit establishments/organization, policy and procedural secretariat,
- Must have at least five (5) years relevant work experience in organizational policies and procedures
- Must have relevant experience in project cycle managements
- Excellent English and Somali communication, reporting and editorial skills
- Ability to finish work within schedule
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements must submit the following;
- A draft daily work plan
- A budget justification quoted in USD (US Dollars)
- Demonstration of Capability i.e. CV of the lead consultant/s and, if quoting for an organization, attach the CV of any other personnel to be involved in the assignment
- A list of previous work done (Work Completion Certificates can be attached) including telephone and email contacts of three (referees who can validate technical expertise
- Report of a similar assignment carried out by the Consultant is preferable
All applications must be addressed to the UC Seed Grant Project Manager, Mr Abdideck Ibrahim to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org while quoting “Seed Grant” as the subject of your email, lately by 23th May 2019
Ubaxa Caasimada will only contact short-listed candidates for presentations