Consultant- Civic Dialogue program
Somali Youth Development Network (SOYDEN) is a nongovernmental nonprofit organization working in Somalia since 2002. With its headquarters in Mogadishu, SOYDEN works in the areas of Youth and women empowerment, political accommodation and reconciliation, social healing, governance, conflict early warning & conflict early response, peace building and stability etc.
SOYDEN in implementing “Supporting the Wadajir National framework for local governance” – a local governance formation process in Hirshabelle region in Somalia, seeks a qualified candidate to fill the position of: – Consultant for Civil Dialogue program.
Civic Dialogue program
The Project Manager and the Executive Director
Location: Hirshabelle State
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
The tasks of the Consultant shall include:
- Facilitating meaningful dialogue among the community in paving way on the formation of local councils and administrations, the constitution and eventually a national election process leading towards good. Actions emanated so that people can feel ownership and see their voices are considered in the process and place in the outcome.
- Development of operational guidelines for civic dialogue and draft questions for initial questions for community consultation around inclusive district formation processes.
- Develop outreach strategy to ensure the participation of the local community, state, and district leaders and their buy-in and support to the civic dialogue process.
- To develop the new technology tools for civic dialogue.
- To train facilitators (FGS, FMS and NGO staff) through practical and theory work who will not just target focus groups as done in much of Somali today. Instead, they will work in all villages using a ‘clusters’ of village approach. Sessions can be held for a full/half day in each cluster. If a district has 50-150 villages, using an average of 100 villages, 3 villages make a cluster, needing 30 days.
- Developing and implementing new procedures or training.
- assessing the pros and cons of possible strategies and making recommendations for improvement, using computer models to test them and presenting findings to client
- compiling and presenting reports in writing
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
Professional skills and qualification needed in the position
- Education level Master Degree or equivalent certificate
- Proven track record of at least 10 years work experience in the field
- Proven working experience in Project Management and community development.
- Senior Training skills.
- Solid Organizational skills including attention to details and multitasking skills
- Experience in working rural areas and familiar with the Somali context.
- Excellent client facing and internal communication skills.
How to apply
Interested applicants are required to submit an updated CV and Cover letter indicating motivation and three work related referees to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as the email subject.
All applications must be received before 14th January 2019 at 4.00 P.M