Correspondence and Records Clerk (Policy) CSCS
|Job Title:||Correspondence and Records Clerk (Policy)|
|Ministry/Agency:||Civil Service Commission Secretariat|
|Department:||Policy, Records and Merit Protection|
|Grade Level & Classification:||Grade 4|
|Reporting to:||Director of Policy, Records and Merit Protection|
|Hours:||Normal Working Hours|
Purpose of the position
This position is an operational position within the Secretariat of southwest Civil Service Commission. The Civil Service Commission has been established to oversee the proper functioning of the Civil Service of southwest state of Somalia. The Correspondence and Records Clerk will assist the Director of Policy, Records and Merit Protection in disseminating instructions and regulations concerning the management of the Civil Service and keeping records of Appeals and Disciplinary cases dealt with by the Commission.
- Responsibilities & Duties
The Correspondence and Records Clerk is responsible to the Director of Policy,Records and Merit Protection for: keeping records of correspondence and documents of the Department; disseminating information on instructions and regulations issued by the Civil Service Commission; and keeping confidential records of Appeals by Civil Servants and Disciplinary procedures involving Civil Servants. The tasks to be undertaken by the Correspondence and Records Clerk include:
- Prepare routine correspondence in relation to the work of the Department.
- Keep files of all correspondence and documents received by the Department, other than documents to be filed in Personal Files.
- Circulate information on regulations and instructions that have been approved by the Civil Service Commissioners and coordinate training for Employing Authorities and Civil Servants on instructions and regulations.
- Maintain confidential files on Appeals from Civil Servants under the terms of Section 24 of the Civil Service Law and ensure that records of investigations and decisions are accurately filed.
- Keep records of the deliberations of the Appeals Board for each case and the decision of the Commissioners.
- Maintain confidential files on disciplinary procedures in cases of misconduct by Civil Servants, in accordance with procedures and guidelines issued by the Civil Service Commission.
- Contribute information to quarterly and annual reports on Civil Service appeals and disciplinary matters.
- Assist with other work of the Policy, Records and Merit Protection Department.
- Qualifications and Training
- Essential skills
- Basic sound management skills.
- Training and experience in human resource management.
- Computer literacy and familiarity with word processing, internet, and excel.
- Knowledge of the local community and able to communicate in local languages.
- Ability to collate and analyse information.
- Ability to disseminate information in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Tactful and polite with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent listening and questioning skills
- Ability to present information in a clear and logical
- Ability to communicate well both orally and in writing.
- Ability to plan and organize work in order to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to be proactive and work unsupervised
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment
- Required Experience
- The position requires experience in an administrative role in human resource management.
- Performance Criteria
The incumbent is deemed to be performing the duties effectively when:
- Correspondence and documents of the Department are accurately filed.
- Information on instructions and regulations of the Civil Service Commission is issued in a timely manner.
- Records of Appeals by Civil Servants are accurate and are kept confidential.
- Records of Disciplinary procedures are accurate and kept confidential.
- Regular reports are provided to the Civil Service Commissioners and are accurate and timely.
- SOUTHWEST STATE legislation, rules, policies and guidelines are adhered to in the performance of duties.
How to Apply
- Please click this link and download the form: Application Form after filling this form, confidential application can be addressed to email@example.com not later than 3rd May 2019 and please attach only the form you filled.
- Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted for interview.
- Note: Write the title of the position on the subject of your Email.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged.