Dean of ICT
Office of the Human Resources Manager
“Gollis University Empowers its Students as Professional Leaders Committed to Making a Positive Difference”
Office Mobile: +252-63-4602255 E-mail: email@example.com _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Gollis University, Hargeisa 4th August, 2018
Gollis University seeks for a Dean of ICT and invites applications for the position.
|1.||Title||Dean of ICT|
|Closing Date of Applications||11th August 2018|
We are a student-focused, research-oriented university which was founded in 2004, with the first campus established in Hargeisa, Somaliland. Gollis University is one of the leading, fastest-growing higher education institutions in the country, with campuses in five out of the six regions of Somaliland. We are dedicated to the goal of providing an excellent educational experience to all of our students.
Currently, we have more than 5,000 students on all campuses and more than 400 lecturers and staff.
Our goal is to lead the universities of Eastern Africa in technological innovation in the future.
The university’s ultimate mission is to provide quality education, training, and research programs to its students; to promote excellence in service delivery, innovation, and creativity for the betterment of our society; and to prepare ourselves to face the challenges of this rapidly changing world. The university’s main campus, which offers courses in twenty three undergraduate and postgraduate programs, is located in the economically and culturally vibrant city of Hargeisa.
Purpose of the Position
The successful candidate will be an administrative head of the university’s ICT program and perform responsibilities including developing the curriculum, staffing the department, reviewing faculty performance, and creating an atmosphere conducive to scholarly pursuits. Perform all deans’ duties and interface with such as top management team members and faculty deans – and appointments with visitors from outside. The candidate will be expected to perform these responsibilities with efficiency and trustworthiness, making sure that he or she conforms to the highest protocols of professional and ethical standards and preserves the integrity of the dean’s office.
The Dean of ICT will be:
- Develop a first class ICT program with graduates that are highly sought by businesses.
- Revisit and revise the vision, mission, and the objectives of the program on an annual basis.
- Recruit, mentor, and evaluate motivated and capable professors for the ICT program
- Develop a curriculum that meets the ICT needs in the Horn of Africa.
- Supervise completion of ICT theses (project reports), the foundation of the ICT degree.
- Teach ICT classes in your area of expertise.
- Assist in the recruitment and advising of top quality students.
- Develop strategic partnerships with key Somaliland businesses and government agencies.
- Schedule classes to meet the needs of ICT professors, students, and the University.
- Represent Gollis University honourably to the external community.
- Represent the ICT program well to the Gollis University community.
- Act as intermediary for conflict resolution between professors and students.
- Budget resources allocated to the program to maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
- Coordinate with the Logistics Office to build and maintain quality offices and classrooms.
- Attend Dean and Faculty meetings with the President when asked.
- Schedule regular ICT program meetings with professors and staff.
- Meet regularly with the Director of Academics to discuss goals and challenges.
- Organize, and oversee maintenance of ICT program records.
- Finally the Dean should do any other tasks assigned by the top management of the university
In discharging these responsibilities, the Dean shall:
- Meet with the President, the Vice Presidents, and Dean of Academic as appropriate in the development of University policies and strategies.
- Meet with the faculty staff, students, academic and educational committees, and Deans as appropriate in the formulation and administration of policies of the Faculty of ICT.
- Make recommendations for the appointment, promotion, and tenure of faculty members and departmental chairs.
- Be responsible for all final decisions relating to the operations of the Faculty of ICT within the properly authorized policies of the University, the President, and senate of the university.
- Perform such other functions appropriate to the office as may be directed by the President or the Vice President for the University.
- Applicant should hold a Master degree in ICT(PhD in ICT is preferred) , with at least 5 years of experience
- Experience in teaching at university level
- Involvement in academic activity would highly be preferable.
- He/she must be familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices and procedures.
- A wide degree of creativity and positive attitude are expected.
- Any other postgraduate qualification will be an added advantage.
- High interpersonal skills and extensive employment experience in the same capacity are required of the applicants.
Apply: All applications should be addressed to the Human Resource Manager of Gollis University. The application package should include the following items:
- A letter of application
- An updated CV
- University transcripts and degrees
- At least two letters of recommendation
Application Deadline: All applications should be submitted to Gollis University’s Human Resources Office by 11/08/2018 at 5:00pm
Any inquiries regarding this position should be sent to the address given below:
Gollis University Human Resources Office
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ; Location: Hargeisa – Somaliland.
Telephone: 063 – 4602255