Deputy Auditor General
HIRSHABELLE STATE OF SOMALIA
CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT (1)
|Job Title:||Deputy Auditor General|
|Ministry/Employing Authority:||Office of the Auditor General|
|Reporting to:||Auditor General|
|Working Hours:||36 hrs.Per week|
- Purpose of the position
The Deputy Auditor General is the head of administrative activities in the Office of the Auditor General.
The Office of the Auditor General will be responsible in directing and coordinating the activities of the Auditor General Office.
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Exercising overall supervisory role over the operating activities of the Office of the Auditor General as directed by the Auditor General
- Reviews audit work of managers as assigned by the Auditor General
- Ensures quality of audit assignments by establishing and implementing a sound system of quality reviews in conjunction with the Auditor General
- Keeping the Auditor General informed on the progress made in translating policy decisions into actions
- In conjunction with the Auditor General establish and implement sound policies, strategies and programs related to administration and good governancefor the Office of the Auditor General.
- In consultation with the Auditor General and other staff develop a multiyear strategic plan and annual operating plans for the Office of The Auditor General
- Monitoring and executing of budgets for the Office of the Auditor General under the supervision of The Auditor General.
- Exercise sound judgment and risk management practices in decision making
- Drive effective, efficient and appropriate use of public resources
- Inculcate a constructive culture with a focus on performance, capacity building, personal accountability and nurturing of leadership potential within the workforce of the Office of the Auditor General.
- Participate with the Civil Service Commission in the selection or recommendation of candidates for approval following the procedures of the Civil Service Commission in consultation with the Auditor General.
- Managing the performance of the staff of Office of the Auditor General and ensuring effective, efficient and timely completion of assignments by staff through a sound appraisal system and in accordance with the Civil Service procedures. This should be done in conjunction with the Auditor General.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports as requested by the Auditor General
- The Deputy Auditor General is to:
- act as Auditor General during any illness, suspension or absence of the Auditor General, and during any vacancy in that office; and
- exercise the powers and perform the functions of the Auditor General in the absence of the Auditor General
- The Deputy Auditor General shall perform such other functions as may be directed by the Auditor General.
- Educational, Qualification and Experiences
- ACCA/CPA accounting qualification or equivalent OR Master’s Degree in Accounting or related field.
- Should have 3 years post qualification experience in auditing/accounting, 2 years of which should have been in leadership position or at top management level in the public service or private sector
- Computer literate – Comfortable using Microsoft Office (particularly MS Excel and MS Word).
- Highest levels of personal and professional integrity.
- Proven managerial skills and experience
- Demonstrate experience in generating strategic and operational plans
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- Flexible – can adapt to changing work priorities with little notice.
How to apply
Please download Application Form:
Interested candidates who meet the criteria are encouraged to fill the form and send to email@example.com not later than 10Jan 2019
- Please quote the position you are applying for in the subject of the e-mail.
- Application form should be sent as attachment in word format.
- Female and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- If you are shortlisted for an interview, you willbe required to come with
your original academic and professional certificates during the interviewday.
- Formore information please visit the following website