Deputy Chief of Party
Title:Deputy Chief of Party
Chemonics is recruiting for several technical positions for an anticipated $47-49 million USD education program in Somalia. The program will work to increase enrollment in alternative education sites, improve their safety, monitor acquisition of literacy, numeracy and socio-emotional skills amongst the learners who enroll in them, and enhance the capacity of ministries of education at multiple levels.
Chemonics seeks an experienced professional to undertake the role of Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for this anticipated USAID-funded program. The DCOP is responsible for both programmatic and operational oversight, including but not limited to technical leads, consultant oversight, procurement, grants, logistics, finance, and compliance. S/he may provide oversight for the overall operations of the programmatic teams, lead the finance, operations, grants and procurement staff, and spearhead cost-share efforts. The DCOP will report directly to the project’s COP.
Qualifications & Experience:
Deputy Chief of Party
- Master’s degree in management, international development, or field related to this project and position preferred
- Minimum 8 years of professional experience in international development preferred, ideally with experience in complex, fast paced, and challenging operating environments
- Experience on a USAID-funded project with large-scale procurement required, preferably in education
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in establishing systems and overseeing program start-up under limited time constraints as well as program close-out is highly desired, but not required
- Proven success working in team environment and supervising, mentoring, and supporting local and expatriate staff.
- Experience managing day to day operations of a large-scale project in Somalia and/or relevant context. Remote supervision experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and oral/written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Experience developing and administering grants or small grants programs is highly preferred
- Fluency in written and oral English required; Somali required
APPLY NOW: https://chemonicsesaf.formstack.com/forms/saql_live & complete the full application, including a CV and brief cover letter by December 21, 2018. No phone calls, please. Finalists will be contacted.