Deputy Self Help Group National Coordinator
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: Deputy SHG National Coordinator
|Job Title:||Deputy Self Help Group National Coordinator|
|Location:||Hargeisa, possible to travel intervention sites|
|Closing Date:||29 May 2018|
Network against FGM/C in Somaliland (NAFIS), is the national anti-FGM/C network in Somaliland to end female genital mutilation and cutting and empower Somaliland communities to bring about sustainable development and positive social transformation based on respect for human right. NAFIS is thehosting organization of Self-help group (SHG) approach inSomaliland which introduced in Somaliland April in 2013 by Kindernothilfe (KNH); 11 organizations implementing this approach Marodijeh and Togdheer and Sahil regions. SHG is community lead development approach with social, economical and political empowerment.
Thisapproach is managing by National coordination office (NCO) which has 81 project staff headed by the national coordinator (NC). Therefore NAFIS is looking a qualified Deputy National Coordinator (DNC).
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
The deputy national SHG coordinator will take important part of the implementation planning with the supervision of the National coordinator (NC); the DNC will implement the following activities
- Participate in the preparation of Annual SHGA Work plans/Budgets for NCO.
- Support promoting organizations to prepare Annual SHGA Work plans/Budgets.
- Participate in the preparation of Annual SHGA Agreements (MoUs) for promoting organizations.
Implementing of Community Structures
The DNC will implement the followings
- Take part the role to promote and strengthen the Children’s Groups as they are implemented by the promoting organisations.
- Take part the role to strengthen the SHGA which is implemented by the promoting organisations, with a special focus on the second batch of promoting organisations.
- Provide technical support to promoting organizations through ongoing trainings, phones, emails, and during the monitoring visits.
- Advise NCO on the status of each promoting organisation and make recommendations on how weak partners may be assisted to do better and whether the partnership should continue or not.
- Support partners in preparing their narrative reports and budgets in time.
Monitoring and Capacity Building of Promoting Organizations
DNC will implement the following activities with the supervision of the NC
- Conduct frequent monitoring visits and assess the performance of the promoting organizations (at least one visit to each organization biannually).
- Build the capacity of promoting organizationsand SHG, CLA and the Federation/ during the monitoring visits, through the provision of on spot training, support and feedback.
- Participate in organizing trainings and take part the role in facilitating at trainings as per the annual SHGA work plan.
- Participate in organizing forums to share experiences among promoting organizations and SHGs, CLAs, Federations.
Reporting and Documentation
- Review reports submitted by promoting organizations, provide feedback and submit them to the National SHG Coordinator (NC) on time.
- Write quality reports for monitoring visits and submit them the National SHG Coordinator/ NC. The reports will be written with 14 days after returning from the field. Use the findings to make follow ups with the respective promoting organisations.
- Collect case studies, success stories, innovative approaches, best practices and challenges from prompting organizations so as to enrich the SHGA reports.
- Compile half-yearly and annual narrative reports and submit them to the NC.
- Document and share lessons learnt, case studies, best practices, innovative approaches obtained from the partner organizations, including during monitoring visits.
- When need arises participate in developing different publications on the SHGA in SL.
- Participate in facilitating of visits by KNH staff, country coordinator (CC), regional mentor (RM) and other visitors to promoting organizations.
- Carry out any other duties that may be assigned by the National SHG Coordinator, including participating at National SHG Coordinator’s Meetings.
- Bachelor degree in development studies, Social work, businessadministration and relevant degreeis a requirement
- Extensive experience in project cycle management is a requirement;
- Experience and knowledge with Gender Basic violence (GBV) is desirable;
- Monitoring and evaluation skills is desirable
- Good experience in working with grassroots communities and community development concepts
- Excellent knowledge of facilitation skills
How to apply:
If you meet the above requirements, please submit your application including your CV/resume via e-mail not later than 29 May 2018 to email@example.com . Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Female candidate are encouraged