Ministry of Justice & Judiciary
Purpose of the position
The Director General (s) is the Managerial and Administrative Head of the Ministry and Controlling Manager. The Office of the Director General will be responsible in directing and coordinating the activities of the Ministry. She/he performs the policy setting role while the functional Heads of Department are responsible for executing the technical aspects of the ministry’s functions.
Directors-General is required to build a culture that is based on professionalism, respect and Integrity to ensure a free conducive working environment. They acknowledge the responsibilities of Ministers and support managers to make evidence-based decisions. They build a career Structure for the civil service that is free from nepotism and patronage and that is, seen to be based on merit.
Directors will create and maintain stakeholder’s confidence that their leadership fosters and promotes ethical decision making, and act truthfully, fairly and in the public interest.
Role and Responsibilities:
The Director-General is the leader of the entire Ministry department, with portfolio oversight, and not limited to will carry the following responsibility:
- Exercising supervision over the Ministerial Departments for which the Minister/ Deputy Minister are politically responsible;
- Keeping the Minister and Deputy Minister informed of the progress made in translating Policy decision into actions;
- Advising the Minister and Deputy Minister on all questions of policy which are within the scope of the Ministry’s responsibility;
- Establishing and implementing government policies, strategies and programs related to administration, good governance, and its implementation.
- Monitoring and executing the Ministry budget and that of the institutions under supervision of the Minister/Deputy Minister.
- ensuring that decisions on these policies are transmitted to proper institutions for execution;
- Provide informed, evidence based advice to government;
- Implement the Government’s policies, programs and priorities;
- Deliver high quality, innovative, value-added policies and services;
- Exercise sound judgment and risk management practices in decision making;
- Drive effective, efficient and appropriate use of public resources;
- Develop a workforce and leadership practices that build a constructive culture with a
- focus on performance, capability building and personal accountability and nurturing of
- leadership potential;
- Maximize competitive advantage of a diverse and inclusive workforce;
- Create collaborations and build quality partnerships;
- Partner with all sectors to optimize departmental performance;
- Any other duties assigned by the top management.
- BSc/BA in public administration or relevant academic field
- Have at least four (4) years relevant professional experience, two (2) years of which
Should have been in a leadership position or at a top management level in the Public
Service or Private Sector
Experience and skills required
- proven managerial skills and experience;
- Demonstrable experience in developing strategic and business plans;
- Strong understanding of government financial management and measures of
- Sound knowledge with best management practices;
- excellent organizational and leadership skills;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills;
- outstanding analytical and problem solving skills;
How to Apply
- Please click this link and download the form:Application Form after filling this form, confidential application can be addressed to email@example.com not later than 14, January 2019 and please attach only the form you filled.
Note: Write the title of the position on the subject of your Email.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged.