Director of Admin and Finance
SOMALIA STRENGTHENING INSTITUTIONS FOR PUBLIC WORKS PROJECT (SSIPWP)
Director of Admin and Finance Department
Terms of Reference
|Position Title:||Director of Admin and Finance|
|Reporting to:||Director General|
|Duration:||20 Months (depending on continued budget availability, need for the position, satisfactoryor better performance evaluations)|
|Duty Station:||Ministry of Public Works, Reconstruction and Housing (MPWR&H of the Hirshabelle State, Somalia)|
Somalia Strengthening Institutions for Public Works Project (SSIPWP):
The SSIPWP project is the centre piece for building the capacity of the Federal Ministry of Public Works, Reconstruction and Housing (MPWR&H) and the recently established state-level Ministries and the Banadir Regional Administration (BRA) by developing more effective, efficient, inclusive and accountable institutions for public works and infrastructure.
The SSIPWP project is funded by the African Development Fund (ADF) and the Transition Support Facility (TSF) of the African Development Bank (AfDB) and implemented through a Tripartite Protocol Agreement between the Somalia Federal Government, African Development Fund and the United Nations Office for Project Service (UNOPS).
The purpose of the SSIPWP project is improve the capacities of MPWR&H, State-Level Ministries and BRA responsible for public works to enable them independently plan, manage and oversee infrastructure construction projects and maintenance of public works (Project Appraisal Report, 2016).
The Director of Admin and Finance reports to Director General and is responsible for providing effective and efficient key decision making and administrative services in responsible for the day-to-day administrative and financial management of the ministry.
Scope of services
- The Director of Admin and Finance tasks and responsibilities is the maintenance of financial control, identifies core competencies and defines operational goals for the ministry.
Duties and Responsibilities includes but not limited to these:
- Liaise with the Ministry of Finance & Economic Development of the Hirshabelle State and auditors to produce an annual financial statement.
- General reception duties including: screen calls, respond to general telephone, email and fax enquiries.
- Establish and maintain a range of basic databases and records systems including; mailing lists membership details office records.
- Arrange maintenance, servicing, delivery and pick up vehicles and office equipment as required
- Provide administrative assistance to the Director General, advocates and volunteers,
- Ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered into the computerized accounting system
- Process inward and outward mail.
- Implement financial policies and procedures
- Establish and maintain cash controls including deposits and donations
- Establish, maintain and reconcile the general ledger
- Monitor cash reserves and investments
- Reconcile and acquit grant and funding income
- Prepare and reconcile bank statements
- Establish new and maintain existing supplier accounts
- Process supplier invoices
- Maintain the purchase order system
- Ensure data is entered into the system
- Issue cheques for accounts due
- Make payments to suppliers using.
- Ensure security for all credit cards and verify charges
- Maintain financial files and records
- Maintain all relevant insurance policies
- Prepare income statements
- Prepare balance sheets
- Receive and verify invoices
- Process and record petty cash transactions
- Maintain the assets register and Reconcile accounts
- Submit staff time sheets for payroll processing
- Submit payments to Superannuation funds.
- Perform other related duties as required by the Director General
Required Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business, MBA/CPA preferred.
- 2 – 5 years’ of financial and operations management experience in managerial role.
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement best practices in financial and operations management.
- Solid knowledge of non-profit organizations, GAAP standards and fund accounting.
- Proven experience managing the quality and content of all financial and accounting data, reporting, and coordinating audits for an organization or significant department/program.
- Solid understanding of contracts management and compliance.
- Proven experience working with a cloud-based suite of finance, accounting and human resources systems, including bill.com, Netforum, Great Plains, and Paychex.
- A track record in not-for-profit grants management, particularly in the areas of financial reporting and compliance. Federal grants experienced preferred.
- Knowledgeable of best practices in human resources management.
- Demonstrated ability to work with IT staff to develop and implement new processes and systems that increase efficiency.
- Flexible and a self-starter; able to multi-task while also being highly detail-oriented
- Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their application letters and detailed CV to: email@example.com ,andmust be cc’d: firstname.lastname@example.org, closing date by 25thMay 2019 @12:00pm. Kindly indicate “Director Admin & Finance MPWRH – Hirshabelle Stateof Somalia”on the subject line when applying.
- Qualified Female candidate is highly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.