Director of Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, and Learning
Title:Director of Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, and Learning
Chemonics is recruiting for several technical positions for an anticipated $47-49 million USD education program in Somalia. The program will work to increase enrollment in alternative education sites, improve their safety, monitor acquisition of literacy, numeracy and socio-emotional skills amongst the learners who enroll in them, and enhance the capacity of ministries of education at multiple levels.
Chemonics seeks an experienced professional to undertake the role of Director of Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, and Learning (MERL) for this anticipated USAID program. The Director of MERL will provide technical MERL leadership to the overall team. The MERL expert will be responsible for fidelity of implementation data collection, analysis and report and accelerated learning student and teacher data collection, analysis and reporting. Additional research studies may be requested by the donor.
Qualifications & Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree (master’s or higherpreferred) in research design, monitoring and evaluation, data management, ICT for Development, international education or other relevant area of study.
- At least seven years of experience managing activities of similar scope for integrated reading and access education programs in developing countries
- At least five years of progressively responsible supervisory work experience that involved direct leadership of professional and support staff, oversight and evaluation of staff performance and deliverables
- Experience and familiarity with USAID M&E and reporting requirements, as well as strong writing and analytical skills for reporting
- Expertise in qualitative and quantitative research, including familiarity with relevant statistical software
- Demonstrated leadership skills in working collaboratively with other donors, host country institutions, and international organizations.
- Demonstrated understanding of the technical activities including improved capacity building in monitoring and evaluation (M&E), ICT for development, experience working with and within communities implementing activities, and demonstrated work experience setting up and managing M&E systems and institutionalizing activities with recipient governments.
- Fluency in English required (level 4 on the Foreign Service Institute scale); Somali required.
APPLY NOW: https://chemonicsesaf.formstack.com/forms/saql_live & complete the full application, including a CV and brief cover letter by December 21, 2018. No phone calls, please. Finalists will be contacted.